This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't connect to the internet wirelessly. Tried every solution I've heard of.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't connect to the internet wirelessly. Tried every solution I've heard of.
1 year ago#1
So I moved back from college and am unable to use an Ethernet cable to connect. Since I've moved back however, I have not been able to connect to the internet reliably at all while I was able to about a year ago before I moved. Every other device in the house can connect easily. I've tried:
Resetting the adapter, modem, router, all the individual settings of a connection
Re-installing drivers
Using a different PCI port
Resetting winsock through cmd
Moving the comp all around the house
Many other things that I can't remember

This is also the only desktop in the house so I can't try this adapter on another computer.
The only thing I haven't tried that I know of is using a different adapter.
This is my current one, which says it's working but doesn't provide an actual connection. I haven't seen any reviews that have problems with the card.
http://www.amazon.com/RTL8185L-802-11g-Wireless-LAN-Adapter/dp/B0012430RS/

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try? And if not, do y'all have any suggestions for a network card I could try?
---
Not changing this Sig until the Dallas Stars Win the Cup
Started 7/10/11
1 year ago#2
use a different adapter
perhaps powerline networking
---
^ this
1 year ago#3
Make sure the access point is 802.11g and not set to n only.
---
i5 3570k@4.7GHz, Antec Kulher H2O 920, SLI EVGA GTX670's, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis, XFX Pro750W Core PSU
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't connect to the internet wirelessly. Tried every solution I've heard of.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived