This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ESO sub question

#1APicPosted 5/7/2014 6:44:25 PM
Hi there. I've played some mmo games before, but they were all free to play games on steam. As such, I have no experience paying a monthly sub fee for an mmo. I am interested in ESO, but have a question or two about the payment first.

Is it possible to pay the sub fee with a pre-paid/pre-loaded mastercard or visa as opposed to using an actual credit card? Also, are there in store time cards for this game like there are for a few other mmos?
---
Life is just a fantasy
http://pixeldripgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/RPG.jpg
#2MarikhenPosted 5/9/2014 12:41:16 AM
Can't say one way or the other about (G/E)TCs, but insofar as prepaid debit cards go they ought to work. I've paid for EVE Online and World of Warcraft with them before without issues.

If you've never paid for MMOs that way before the only thing I would be worried about is that you account for all necessary fees and charges when purchasing the card. Case in point would be if you put $30 on a card intending it for two months' subscription fees only to find that the bank taking the payment is foreign and the card's bank charges a fee for it your $30 card will go from two months to one month and a lot of change that can't be used for a subscription fee.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#3mrtywerPosted 5/9/2014 12:54:38 AM
Cheaper alternative, open a checking account at a local credit union, instead of a bank. Most Credit Unions offer free checking accounts, so you can just load the money, use that account to pay for it, and wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am.
---
ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz | 4G Gskill RAM | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#4MarikhenPosted 5/9/2014 10:24:53 AM
It might be cheaper from the front, but NSF fees often run in the $30 range which means all you need to make is one mistake and you've wiped out whatever you might have saved on not purchasing 15 gift cards, and if you purchase gift cards for 3, 6, or 12 month subscription "packages" that could be nearly 3 years on up to 15 years worth of subscription time. Most cards that I've seen dock you $0.50 to $2.00 for declined transactions.

Another aspect to consider is that gift cards are, or can be, "one and done." You don't need to worry about keeping them around, you don't need to worry about losing them when they're empty, and if you lose your wallet/purse/whatever you're less likely to lose much money.

All forms of payment have their pros and cons. /shrugs.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 5/9/2014 10:26:08 AM
You can go to gamestop or bestbuy (or similiar place) and buy ESO gametime cards, so you pay 15 dollars for a giftcard looking thing, then you go put the code on the back of the card into ur ESO account and 30day of playtime will be added
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6APic(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 4:38:28 PM
Thank you.
---
Life is just a fantasy
http://pixeldripgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/RPG.jpg