This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help! Transparent windows no longer working in Windows 7.

#115RCPosted 5/7/2014 10:49:09 PM
I've had this issue before. It has to do with one of the Windows Update files. I just remember which download it was. Anyone know?
---
5.17.14 Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Mike Alvarado
5.27.14 Watch_Dogs
#2DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 5/7/2014 11:39:10 PM
If it's caused by a Windows Update, it might have defaulted back to the basic display mode. Right-click on your desktop and go to personalize, then select an Aero theme.
---
"Jon Jones and Bendo just slaying mother f***ers in the name of the lord" -- MICHALECOLE
#3PsythikPosted 5/7/2014 11:42:30 PM
If that doesn't work, Hit start and type "fix transparency" or "fix aero" and it'll bring up the Aero Troubleshooter, one of the few Windows auto-fix utilities that actually works.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg
#415RC(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 12:08:13 AM
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
If it's caused by a Windows Update, it might have defaulted back to the basic display mode. Right-click on your desktop and go to personalize, then select an Aero theme.

This actually worked. Not sure why I didn't try it. LOL. There is an update that breaks this though.

Psythik posted...
If that doesn't work, Hit start and type "fix transparency" or "fix aero" and it'll bring up the Aero Troubleshooter, one of the few Windows auto-fix utilities that actually works.

Thanks for the tip.
---
5.17.14 Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Mike Alvarado
5.27.14 Watch_Dogs