This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What graphics card is better? NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M or Geforce GTX770M?

#11cosmic_assasinPosted 5/8/2014 1:11:03 PM
i would go 860m since its a newer chip, uses less power and runs cooler
---
Assassssssin
#12datopgamerPosted 5/8/2014 1:35:00 PM
Pharaoh constantly trolls anyone who mentions gaming and laptop in the same sentence. A laptop is alright as a gaming machine, just don't expect to max games out. But if portability is something you require and you still wanna game then go with that. As for your question, the 860m is a bit better overall and you'll get better battery life as well.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#13wildog2006Posted 5/8/2014 1:44:35 PM
PharohofLaptops posted...
neither of which aren't suitable for gaming?

Isn't that a double negative? Implying that both cards are suitable for gaming? If you're going to try and troll, do it right and don't contradict yourself.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#14zero0817Posted 5/8/2014 3:43:41 PM
I have a 2GB 860m in my msi ghost and it runs very well for a laptop. I can easily play assassins creed 4, crysis 3, and battlefield 4 on high + settings.
---
Xbox and Playstation Gamertag - Absolute Bobby
3DS Friend Code - 0989-2816-0158 IGN - Bobby
#15Fission_MaiIedPosted 5/8/2014 3:52:07 PM
killa1096 posted...
PharohofLaptops posted...
So instead of getting a desktop, you're now deciding between which product to buy, neither of which aren't suitable for gaming? and in some fairytale land in which they were real and you could play games on them , you'd still be choosing between inferior products, in comparison to a Desktop that beats both in a similar price?

Oh, I'm going to be brand new to PC gaming, so I don't know what's a better graphics card, what's suitable for gaming (between laptop and desktop), etc. Can someone link me to the best, most advanced (advanced spec-wise) desktop on a site that ships to Canada?

Gotta say Pharaoh, I'm surprised you can keep up your stance for so long. But to each their own.

@TC

It's fine. You should be purchasing a computer based on your situation and needs/wants.

Have you tried looking at Custom PC builders. I don't know any Canadian direct sites off-hand but I'm sure someone can reference some to you.

If you wanna try to get an idea for what parts to look for try this: http://www.logicalincrements.com/

It should provide you some good info.

Personally I would go with a Maxwell card since they use less power and are stronger IIRC.

But I have a 770M in my Sager, which I got last November and it's been doing fine.
---
GT: Fission MaiIed (L is i); PSN: FissionXMailed (L is L); BNet: FissionMailD#1973; Steam ID: gfreak001
No "i" in team, but there is in fail.
#16Skul_Posted 5/11/2014 6:45:50 PM
Desktop are always better for gaming, but Pharaoh is a troll.

Could you post links too the two laptops in question, because the other specs are more important as those two GPUs are very similar.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH