This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I start up Wildstar for the first time and.....

#1-5xad0w-Posted 5/9/2014 3:33:39 AM
it vomits this out onto my screen during character creation:

http://i.imgur.com/ru7VRUL.jpg
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#2SpazH3dPosted 5/9/2014 5:32:58 AM
Is he/she/it single?
---
- My vision is augmented
#3leon_trunksPosted 5/9/2014 8:11:33 AM
How is it? Is it the WoW killer everyone says it is?
#4Neo_PortaPottyPosted 5/9/2014 8:24:06 AM
Lol dat aurin hair :) and I would say it has the potential to be a WoW killer as much as I hate that term. It will all come down to content though the gameplay is mostly an evolution of WoW and fun pvp looks interesting if they have a reasonable amount of endgame and pump content out early on so the endgame rushers don't whine to much they stand a chance.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#5SinisterSlayPosted 5/9/2014 8:33:55 AM
Well I was in the closed beta and all I can say is the combat was kind of lame considering its advertised as being action oriented.
The graphics were butt ugly.
And the performance was utterly terrible. After an hour you would be sitting around 5fps at some points.
But a positive though, for as far as I got, it never gave me any really bad fetch quests. (kill goblins and collect 100 mushrooms)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6SonyHoundDawgPosted 5/9/2014 8:36:16 AM
To cartoony for even me and I don't even mind wow pre kung fu panda expac.
#7RosencroitzPosted 5/9/2014 8:46:03 AM
leon_trunks posted...

It's very similar to TERA.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
#8-5xad0w-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 10:14:52 AM
leon_trunks posted...

I can't really say yet.

The one thing that sticks out to me though is I remember reading that when the team formed (primarily of former Blizz employees) they "wanted to work on anything that wasn't WoW" or something to that effect.

Yet the overall feel I get initially from art design is Space WoW.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#9Cool_Dude667Posted 5/9/2014 10:35:56 AM
ESO offers more to the table IMHO, Archeage might be good too. Wildstar looks like a carbon copy of vanilla Wow, which isn't a bad thing but I'm way over it
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#10ShinobiKazePosted 5/9/2014 10:39:32 AM
I would compare the combat more to GW2 than tera. It does feel very by the numbers for an mmo but it was fun and pre ordered it. But idk how much my opinion matters cause I seem to be one of three people here on gfaqs that likes ESO.