This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would this Graphics card benefit my "RIG"

#11Majoras_pantsPosted 5/10/2014 5:26:28 PM
deware-94 posted...
and what do you guys mean anything under $100 isnt for gaming, i use ps4 for new games, PC for silly indie games, with low end graphics, gmod, limbo, simulators, octodad, maybe some older cheap games like dead space, etc.. gta(MAYBE)

Interesting. PS4 can be used for gaming?
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#12deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 5:28:19 PM
my setup for dead space is great!
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=55&game=Dead+Space&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Pentium+Dual+Core+E5800+3.20GHz&gc_make=ATI&gc_deriv=Radeon+X800+GTO&ram=4&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

So surely its ok? 135% for reccomended specs, so shouldnt i be ok?
#13deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 5:30:28 PM
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=55&game=Dead+Space&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Pentium+Dual+Core+E5800+3.20GHz&gc_make=Intel&gc_deriv=Intel+GMA+X4500&ram=4&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements
what i have now, gonna try dead space tonight, i got it for $2.22
and well hey, what will less then reccomended gpu do for the game? Less graphics?
#14AsellusPosted 5/10/2014 5:31:31 PM
and how do you guys know whats good, whats old, whats new, whats the specs.... Do you research it, or just have a magical catalog in your heads?

One part understanding the naming conventions AMD and nVidia use for their cards, one part magic catalog.

The power supply's the main issue, a 250w might do for a low power card but anything that requires a pci-e power connection's probably going to be too much for it. The 5450's certainly doable but might still be a bit on the too-weak-to-bother-with end of things.

You could probably swing say a 5670 or a 6670. A 750 ti's also doable but's likely to be more than you're wanting to spend here.
#15Majoras_pantsPosted 5/10/2014 5:37:36 PM
deware-94 posted...
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=55&game=Dead+Space&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Pentium+Dual+Core+E5800+3.20GHz&gc_make=Intel&gc_deriv=Intel+GMA+X4500&ram=4&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements
and well hey, what will less then reccomended gpu do for the game? Less graphics?

Lower than recommended might mean lowering the resolution, or dealing with lower framerates. Or lower graphical settings. Say, turning off AA and lowering shadow quality, or texture quality.

Personally I don't mind lower graphical settings as long as I have a steady 60 FPS and 1080p. But as a console gamer, you might be fine with low settings and 30 FPS and 720p.

But as long as you're over the required specs you should be able to play just fine. Recommended is more for playing at high settings with solid framerates.
---
#16deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 5:37:46 PM
Asellus posted...
and how do you guys know whats good, whats old, whats new, whats the specs.... Do you research it, or just have a magical catalog in your heads?

One part understanding the naming conventions AMD and nVidia use for their cards, one part magic catalog.

The power supply's the main issue, a 250w might do for a low power card but anything that requires a pci-e power connection's probably going to be too much for it. The 5450's certainly doable but might still be a bit on the too-weak-to-bother-with end of things.

You could probably swing say a 5670 or a 6670. A 750 ti's also doable but's likely to be more than you're wanting to spend here.

Thanks man, I might try out the 5450 card, youre positive the wattage can use it? It is just for now... It should play dead space with decent settings..
#17deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 5:39:36 PM
Majoras_pants posted...
deware-94 posted...

Lower than recommended might mean lowering the resolution, or dealing with lower framerates. Or lower graphical settings. Say, turning off AA and lowering shadow quality, or texture quality.

Personally I don't mind lower graphical settings as long as I have a steady 60 FPS and 1080p. But as a console gamer, you might be fine with low settings and 30 FPS and 720p.

But as long as you're over the required specs you should be able to play just fine. Recommended is more for playing at high settings with solid framerates.

So if I get that 5450, the spec site said the GPU is 135% of the reccomended setting. THink I should get it? And will i be able to replace the GPU with the integrated card I have? And hey, can I add you on steam?
#18deware-94(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2014 5:51:15 PM
answer?
#19starcraftnewbPosted 5/10/2014 5:55:57 PM
Just get a 6670 your power supply should be able to handle it.
---
PSN: bigfat86 MGO: dude#1
#20Majoras_pantsPosted 5/10/2014 6:02:14 PM
Naw, I don't give out my steam. I'm too trolly.

But yeah, if that's your limit than get it. You don't have to replace your integrated GPU, that's part of your motherboard, it stays. You'd just plug this new one in to your motherboard and if it has a PSU plug you attach it to the PSU. It should be fine, I'd try it out. For $50, it's not like you have much to lose.
---