This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What old MMO's are still around that you played in your youth?

#11SinisterSlayPosted 5/11/2014 8:41:50 AM
jake-sf posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Rakion... that crap needs to die already.

And one done right be reborn. The core of that game was amazing. It wasn't a MMO, though, whatever they ever said about it.

I dunno but it pretty much has all the features of an MMO except crafting.

But yeah, a new MMO with the Rakion core gameplay would be epic. But if we are dreaming, why not also dream of a good company to run it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#12polopiliPosted 5/11/2014 10:41:03 AM
jake-sf posted...
The 4th Coming (La 4ième Prophécie), I have yet to see anyone on GF recognize it.

It was a French server with a french version of the game in my time but I'm sure there were English servers somewhere.

Its not alive in its original servers obviously but its still seeing some servers, its impressive, though I don't play no longer and don't care for the game's state now

I did play the 4th Coming with friends. I still remember the outdoor theme song. I used to also play Anarchy Online. Apparently, the game's still running. This game had a great soundtrack, funcom also made a great job with the music in Age of Conan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmDT3lvf63o&list=PLXSaJ1VYkIYvxIOBhA8IoYLHcVT4_GIjZ
#13VoidNoodlePosted 5/11/2014 10:41:43 AM
Ragnarok Online I guess.
---
Steam: VoidNoodle PSN: VoidNoodle/SlashGeeGee
osu!: VoidNoodle
#14wolf_blitzer85Posted 5/11/2014 10:51:16 AM
Phantasy Star Online 2 >>>> Phantasy Star Online (PC and Dreamcast master race).
---
I personally suggest you grab your Mountain Dew and Cheetos and lock yourself in your basement until she's gone. (ALIEN_WORK2HOP)
#15kobalobasileusPosted 5/11/2014 10:55:52 AM
The only MMO I could play on dial-up back in the day was Phantasy Star Online v1.

It seems to still be around, but I don't care in the slightest.
#16ComradeRyanPosted 5/11/2014 11:27:16 AM
RuneScape & MapleStory.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#17RavenoussdPosted 5/11/2014 11:30:27 AM
VoidNoodle posted...
Ragnarok Online I guess.

---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzc86ifgf-0
EXPLOSIONS?
#18majinbuu58Posted 5/11/2014 12:08:42 PM
Runescape, Maplestory, Everquest all come to mind.. There's several others too
#19Orestes417Posted 5/11/2014 12:12:25 PM
MMOs didn't exist in my youth. Closest would be Neverwinter Nights and I'm told it does still sorta exist.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#20BowsaaPosted 5/11/2014 1:08:13 PM
Runescape and Flyff, I guess. I started Runescape when I was a fair bit younger, though.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000