This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is AMD going to put out any new processors?

#11Orestes417Posted 5/11/2014 2:22:52 PM
Then yes, they will. Whether or not they'll use the socket you're on... beyond next year who knows. Motherboards get updated eventually.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#12staticxtreme5Posted 5/11/2014 2:23:16 PM
Pretty sure the socket you have is dead to directly answer your question, so its doubtful.
#13Terrorknight3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 5:03:32 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Pretty sure the socket you have is dead to directly answer your question, so its doubtful.

I am using the Asus m5a97 .
#14Orestes417Posted 5/11/2014 5:07:23 PM
In that case yeah you're on AM3+ and I'd be extremely doubtful there will be a new generation using it. The roadmap lists nothing past the current Visheras
---
#15ShubPosted 5/11/2014 5:11:20 PM
Yeah so you already know what your motherboard currently supports, unfortunately AMD has not divulged to the public any plans they may or may not have regarding the future of their AMD FX series of CPUs so right now the best you can get is that FX-9570 or whatever the number is, which you should not get anyway, and if they add something to the AMD FX lineup later on, it's not guaranteed that it will work on your motherboard.
Honestly though, I have a feeling that they are not going to further the AMD FX line and focus on their APUs and GPUs.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#16Orestes417Posted 5/11/2014 5:38:18 PM
Yeah basically the 9570 is nothing you can't accomplish with an 8350 and solid cooling. Not that the 9570 doesn't require exactly the same cooling
---
#17LordSeiferPosted 5/11/2014 6:00:42 PM
nope they have quit the processor business
---
^ this
#18Garage_ManPosted 5/11/2014 6:05:39 PM
LordSeifer posted...

This, they now seem to make budget junk. They seem to have NOTHING planned to take on a core i3 let alone a core i5 or 7.
#19ChromaticAngelPosted 5/11/2014 6:26:12 PM
LordSeifer posted...

they have not quit the processor business, they're just not making CPUs anymore. They are only making APUs.
---
I am your savior. I am corruption. I am the angel, of your destruction.
I am perversion. Secret desire. I am your future, swallowed up in fire.
#20staticxtreme5Posted 5/11/2014 7:15:09 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
LordSeifer posted...

they have not quit the processor business, they're just not making CPUs anymore. They are only making APUs.

Your sarcasm detector ran out of batteries again, I see.