This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where do you see gaming in ten years?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Where do you see gaming in ten years?
2 years ago#1
Would you sell your story to rolling stone? Would you take the children away and leave me alone? And smile in reassurance as you whisper down the phone? - Results (165 votes)
Total collapse. Gaming dies and so does everyone else.
4.85% (8 votes)
Major collapse. Big publishers go under and indie gaming rules.
7.88% (13 votes)
Consoles collapse. Games stay the same but PC becomes hyper-dominant.
20.61% (34 votes)
Indie scene collapses and big publishers rule again.
3.64% (6 votes)
PC collapses, and consoles become as dominant as they were in Gen 3 & 4.
1.21% (2 votes)
A couple big names die, but nothing really changes overall.
33.94% (56 votes)
Nothing changes at all.
13.33% (22 votes)
Cthulhu rises from the depths of the sea and unleashes his amoral lesions upon the unsuspecting consolites.
14.55% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As for me, I'm gonna go with #6. I can see a few of the bigger names (such as Capcom or even IW/3arc) either completely falling apart or becoming very different then what they are now, but I don't see any total (or even partial) industry collapses occurring in the next decade.
http://i.imgur.com/zkNfWZ0.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
2 years ago#2
Consoles collapse. There has to come a time (eventually) when console players get sick of paying for online, $30 used games, over-priced digital games, lack of sales, lack of hardware, and the relentless amount of milked franchises / games. (Call of Duty / Asscreed).
2 years ago#3
Where's the, "Nothing changes except the gaming industry is accepted as a normal and beneficial medium" option?
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
2 years ago#4
AppleJeZus posted...
Where's the, "Nothing changes except the gaming industry is accepted as a normal and beneficial medium" option?

That happened a decade ago when "gamers" stopped being synonymous with "that nerdy guy who sits alone at the lunch table"
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
2 years ago#5
Where's the "x86 will die and ARM will reign supreme" option?
My Baby - FX-6300 - GTX 770 - 16gb Ram - SSD - Xonar DG - Carbide Air 540
http://puu.sh/8HiN6/c7d47453a2.jpg
2 years ago#6
No it hasn't happened yet. When I stop seeing major news outlets and public speakers openly speaking against video games then you can say that's happened. When even local news papers refuse to allow a charity in the paper, a charity that raised millions of dollars, because those who earned the donations played video games to earn it, it's very difficult to say that video games are an accepted medium.
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
2 years ago#7
Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. I think at least one of these will not be part of the next console generation.
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
2 years ago#8
WyzeGye posted...
Where's the "x86 will die and ARM will reign supreme" option?

Clearly x86-64 will be replaced by x172-128
2 years ago#9
Consoles are practically turning into lower-end gaming PCs, but with more restrictive DRM.
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Where do you see gaming in ten years?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived