This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just got the new firefox, should i download ghostery for it?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. just got the new firefox, should i download ghostery for it?
1 year ago#1
do people still use that program/add-on? is it necessary? are there better alternatives to it now?
---
Floyd Mayweather Jr. is the greatest fighter of all time.
1 year ago#2
if you've visited any sites since installing new firefox and before installing ghostery, you're screwed. Doesnt even matter anymore. Throw your PC in the trash, it's FUBAR'd
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
(edited by WyzeGye)
1 year ago#3
Delete System 32 as well, they already have their hooks in you and that's the only way to make sure they can't track you.
---
Posted using GameFlux
1 year ago#4
if you do use it make sure you disable the phone home to base spyware function.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
1 year ago#5
yea that was funny. haha. k.

but seriously though, real answers please.
---
1 year ago#6
bump
---
1 year ago#7
you still haven't installed it? Now you gotta torch your trash bin to prevent it from spreading.
---
1 year ago#8
Did you use Firefox before version 29? Did you use Ghostery before? Nothing's changed to the way Firefox works that would suddenly warrant using Ghostery if you weren't using it before.
Other than that the best advice I can give you if you've never used Ghostery is to read and understand what it does and decide for yourself if it's something you want to use.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
(edited by Shub)
1 year ago#9
Thanks shub. You put it better than I could have
---
1 year ago#10
If you have a google account, then they already have their teeth deeply embedded in you. RUN!
---
- My vision is augmented
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. just got the new firefox, should i download ghostery for it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived