This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's one of the higher end LGA 1155 CPU's?

#1Pal 080Posted 5/11/2014 5:58:49 PM
Consumer grade, home use I'm talking about. I'm thinking it's something like the 3770k...?

Just trying to get an idea of what kind of growing room my current PC has. I'm probably done putting upgrades into if after this last round and would probably wait a couple years and then build a new one from scratch.

The only other possible upgrade I'd really consider (other than a SSD...) would be the CPU, but right now I've got an i5-2500k OC'd at 4.7 Ghz which definitely seems to hold its own (pretty sure it benchmarks just a little under a stock 3770k at that overclock), and I'm wondering if it'd even be worthwhile to upgrade that while still remaining in the LGA 1155 socket model.

It seems like it'd be very expensive for a small time boost and I may be better off just squeezing as much as I can from my i5 before starting again with a brand new build in a year or two. Just looking for additional input!
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#2BowsaaPosted 5/11/2014 6:02:45 PM
There's no reason to upgrade from a 2500k right now.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#3JockoPosted 5/11/2014 9:35:31 PM
Yeah it's really not worth the effort for the little amount of boost. If you're going to be building a whole new rig in a year or two then I would just hold off and save your money towards it.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#4SlaynPosted 5/11/2014 9:44:08 PM
If you are concerned only with gaming, you could upgrade the cpu and get exactly 1 fps in a game.

Don't bother.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#5popping4itPosted 5/11/2014 9:46:05 PM
do it
---
whens mahvel?