This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WoW - what's changed since wotlk?

#1el_DubblePosted 5/12/2014 3:50:39 AM
in terms of how the game works, is it a massive leap thats gonna take a while to get used to? Or is it more of the same old but with those new talent tree's?

By same old I mean grind to max level then queue up for BG/arena/rdf.

Thinking about jumping in before WoD releases.
#2FeatherwindPosted 5/12/2014 4:00:39 AM
Same old.
---
pathological
#3leon_trunksPosted 5/12/2014 4:15:34 AM
War(craft)...War(craft) never changes...
#4chris121691Posted 5/12/2014 4:17:51 AM
Meh..It's gone way downhill. MoP was way too boring for me..That may be because I started playing like 10 years ago lol. But I couldn't get back into it. Hopefully the new expansion will be good.
#5PhilOnDezPosted 5/12/2014 4:22:15 AM
There aren't really talent trees anymore. You pick a spec and it gives you everything you need. You do get to spend 8 points but everything you choose from is what used to be considered the filler talents. You also don't have to pick a tree and stick with it. You can go Fury and put all 8 points in Prot if you want, just as an example, or put the first 7 points in Arms and then get the tier 8 fury ability.

Overall it's really dumb. I absolutely hate it. Even the halved talent trees in Cata weren't interesting to me.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6Hi CPosted 5/12/2014 5:50:07 AM(edited)
Since WotLK?

More casual.

When you think Blizzard can't find some new way to f*** up a game they manage to do it.

Modern MMO's are just a food pellet dispenser lab experiment for rodents. Hit a button get an immediate reward. Come back tomorrow when you're hungry.
#7sefsefsefsefPosted 5/12/2014 6:15:50 AM
Only the social aspects of it have become more casual, with dungeon finder and raid finder queuing systems. So you no longer have to make friends with people in order to see content. It's still the same reward system it always had. You do a dungeon, you might get some gear, but probably not. As a consolation prize, they give you some points you can cash in for gear after saving up for a long time, just like in TBC and WotLK.
#8JavelinPosted 5/12/2014 7:37:15 AM
Hi C posted...
Since WotLK?

More casual.

---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#9GamerliciousPosted 5/12/2014 9:17:21 AM
I played since vanilla and quit a couple years ago. I came back to the game a couple months ago. Basically I leveled up to 90, got geared up, and quit again. I did the legendary cloak quest, and cleared everything in LFR and some in flex. It just got boring to me again real fast. I was dumb enough to preorder WoD for the lvl 90 boost for my alt. I honestly don't think I'll even play when WoD comes out, so that was a waste of money.

They've simplified the game so much that it doesn't really even matter what class you play anymore, they're all the same. Used to make a big difference what classes you brought to a raid(Druids=hots, pally=direct heals, shammy=aoe heals, priest=jack of all trades). Now they all can do anything. Same with tanking, doesn't matter if you have a paladin tank, warrior, dk they can all single target or aoe tank just as well. No one even bothers with CC anymore. It's like Blizzard made the game easier for bad players, but the bad players are still bad and now it's just no fun for anyone.
---
i7 950 | Asus Sabertooth x58 | GTX 560 SLI | Corsair 6GB 1333 DDR3 | Vertex2 80GB | WD Caviar Black 500GB | Corsair 650W | W7 | Dell 24" | Razer Blackwidow
#10Orestes417Posted 5/12/2014 9:41:46 AM
sefsefsefsef posted...
Only the social aspects of it have become more casual, with dungeon finder and raid finder queuing systems. So you no longer have to make friends with people in order to see content. It's still the same reward system it always had. You do a dungeon, you might get some gear, but probably not. As a consolation prize, they give you some points you can cash in for gear after saving up for a long time, just like in TBC and WotLK.

And that killed the game. More than any wharrr garbl about :"dumbing down" things or making it more casual, the changes to make it less social are what ****ed everything up. To anyone who left and is thinking about going back, don't. Just don't. Unless you know for a fact your old guilds still exist as they were just stay away and leave your memories intact.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together