This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Red Dead Redemption coming to PC?

#31XtremeWRATH360Posted 5/12/2014 8:29:54 AM
PEASANTSgonPEZ posted...
GTA V will come to PC, just like it will come to PS4 / Xbone. If there is money to be made, why not?

Because Rockstar don't like PC gamers, they either don't release a game on PC (RDR) or they make PC gamers wait forever for a release (GTA4) or they don't say a single word and basically give PC gamers the finger (GTA5)

Not sure why Rockstar has such an attitude towards PC gamers
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#32ComradeRyanPosted 5/12/2014 8:31:17 AM
Do not hold your breath.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#33Hicks233Posted 5/12/2014 8:32:09 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
PEASANTSgonPEZ posted...
GTA V will come to PC, just like it will come to PS4 / Xbone. If there is money to be made, why not?

Because Rockstar don't like PC gamers, they either don't release a game on PC (RDR) or they make PC gamers wait forever for a release (GTA4) or they don't say a single word and basically give PC gamers the finger (GTA5)

Probably because they can make more money on consoles, have less whining to deal with and maintain a tighter control on the games content and direction.
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
#34XtremeWRATH360Posted 5/12/2014 8:34:34 AM
Hicks233 posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
PEASANTSgonPEZ posted...

Probably because they can make more money on consoles, have less whining to deal with and maintain a tighter control on the games content and direction.

No other company has the same attitude though and im sure they make more money on consoles but they can make even more having it on PC as well. And in regards to whining have you seen their facebook page people cry all the time for heists.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#35AppleJeZusPosted 5/12/2014 8:35:28 AM
GTA 4 took 8 months to come to PC, Rockstar is always quiet with their releases. The fact that the game has PS4, Xbone, and PC coding in the files says something. I would be very surprised if GTA 5 didn't come to PC, though it will probably be the "HD Remastered Version" that is allegedly coming out on the new consoles.

And while Red Dead Redemption is in my top 3 games of all time, I would have a hard time believing it's coming out now.
---
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
#36ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/12/2014 8:41:13 AM
I hope they don't port it to the new consoles.

The new consoles have a library 99% made up of last generation games. This needs to stop.
#37AppleJeZusPosted 5/12/2014 8:46:02 AM
I'd be fine with it. At least it's not TLoU which was completely mediocre and doesn't deserve an "HD" remaster. Then again, they released Cel Damage for christ sake.
---
PSN, Steam, GT: AppleJeZus FC: 3282-2984-1471
Asrock Z77 Extreme3 || Intel i7 3770k || 16gb Kingston RAM || EVGA GTX 780ti
#38xanthan1Posted 5/12/2014 8:46:07 AM
Hicks233 posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
PEASANTSgonPEZ posted...

Didn't the PC gaming industry make more money over the last year then the console gaming industry?
#39Kokuei05Posted 5/12/2014 8:47:41 AM
Englandfc1966 posted...
badboy posted...
leon_trunks posted...
All R* games come to pc eventually.

GTA Liberty City Stories? Vice City Stories? Chinatown Wars? V may be coming but not all get released on PC.

crap
crap
crap
V will come to pc
All good R* games come to PC.

lol. Just cause you never played =/= crap.
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#40Hicks233Posted 5/12/2014 8:51:54 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Hicks233 posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
PEASANTSgonPEZ posted...

No other company has the same attitude though and im sure they make more money on consoles but they can make even more having it on PC as well. And in regards to whining have you seen their facebook page people cry all the time for heists.

Sure you're going to get whining for heists etc. Now think of the added whining you'll get from the pc crowd on top of what they already have: The textures aren't high quality enough, not enough shaders, why can't I use this controller, why won't it use all my ram, why can't I do this, why can't I do that, why is it not tied to my ocd calming drm client of choice, why isn't it set up to support mods out of the box, why why why - didn't you get the message Rockstar?! This is the PC market. PC! The "master race".

With the consoles they have set hardware, a set infrastructure and it sold like crazy. They're not going to have to worry about supporting different system specifications, dealing with a variety of copy protection measures and support for multiple operating systems.

It's likely that GTA V is going to eventually see a pc release and what is it likely to be greeted with? More whining and sneering complaints that they'll "just wait for it to go on sale".
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em