This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Red Dead Redemption coming to PC?

#71Stone_MagnetPosted 5/12/2014 1:07:53 PM
I never got the hype for this game. I played the ps3 version and it was alright but the way some people act you'd think it was the greatest game of all time. It just felt like a watered down GTA set in the Wild West.
---
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stonemagnet/
#72Tyranius2Posted 5/12/2014 3:27:29 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
It's funny that he gets annoyed enough to post just from your presence in the topic. Seems the ignore function doesn't work for him, he should deactivate the warning message when you're ignoring people.

I'm his trigger.

https://i.imgur.com/8nuT8e4.png

literally lol'd
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#73CELTEKKPosted 5/12/2014 3:30:48 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
It's funny that he gets annoyed enough to post just from your presence in the topic. Seems the ignore function doesn't work for him, he should deactivate the warning message when you're ignoring people.

I'm his trigger.

https://i.imgur.com/8nuT8e4.png

literally lol'd

tyranius is a shadow alt obviously.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#74username05Posted 5/12/2014 3:32:08 PM
CELTEKK posted...
tyranius is a shadow alt obviously.

I believe they're one and the same person just by the way they post and act.
#75Robot2600Posted 5/12/2014 3:48:01 PM(edited)
Vice City Stories is one of my favorite PSP games. To be able to cause mayhem in Vice City on the go is awesome!

And I'm pretty sure RDR is never gonna come to PC. I don't know why they don't want it on PC, but they don't.

Anyway, I do have a theory. I think Microsoft and Sony pay Rockstar to not release PC versions for X months after the release. Maybe because RDR was a less popular series, Rockstar was willing to give the consoles a much longer exclusive time, and maybe when the time was up they perceived that interest had waned and that people really just wanted more GTA.... or something.

EDIT: "pay" could be something as simple as giving rockstar an extra 1-5% on sales for consoles as long as they don't release PC versions. This does raise some ethical questions, not sure it's totally legal, but it really feels like its something of this nature, some extra incentive provided specifically to Rockstar to not do the PC thing when GTA3, VC, SA all had amazing PC versions that absolutely SLAUGHTER the console versions.
---
twitch.tv/Robot2600
#76xBrokenxHaloxPosted 5/12/2014 3:58:28 PM
Psh who cares about GTAV? I'd much rather have this.
---
Error. Human is dead, mismatch.
#77DividingSolidPosted 5/12/2014 5:09:48 PM
I would much rather prefer GTA V I dislike westerns.
---
Steam: Gaius Julius Caesar
8 gigs DDR3, Nvidia 660 Ti, i5 3570k
#78XtremeWRATH360Posted 5/12/2014 5:56:39 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
another casualty of pc gamers being cheap.

We spend the most on our gaming systems and when its all said and done we probably spend more than most console gamers do when you factor in steam, humble bundle and gog sales.
Find me a console gamer who doesn't game on PC willing to spend the money on building a PC and we will see who's being cheap
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#79XtremeWRATH360Posted 5/12/2014 6:03:01 PM
arleas posted...
They're going to wait till the last possible moment to release a PC version of GTA V... I'm betting it'll be 6 months after the Xbone/PS4 version.

I would be shocked if they released the PC version at the same time (or even within 2 weeks) of the Console versions. After all, everyone knows that PC users are cheap and pirate everything so that's why there's no reason to work on games for those ungrateful people*

As for RDR.... that ship has long since sailed....I would think if they were going to make a port they would have done it by now, but then again, judging by the responses of people lapping up this news like it was ambrosia of the gods, I guess they might still make money off of it.

Like someone else said: if I really wanted RDR I'd probably just buy a PS3 and play it... maybe I could find one at a pawn shop for cheap or something...

*Some people actually believe this.

Always hated that logic, i spend over a grand to build a PC and have probably spent more on games than most console gamers and yet im cheap? LOGIC!!!!
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#80good_mangorushPosted 5/12/2014 7:40:08 PM
I doubt this is true, probably just a mistake by Microsoft... well, unless this is one of part of Microsoft's plan to "renewing focus on PC gaming", but the chance is slim IMO.