This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help finding a fantasy RPG

#11capgamerPosted 5/12/2014 8:05:35 PM
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, with some reservations, mainly:
1. Unsatisfying plot
2. Rush job in the later parts of the game
3. Dragon could have been so much better

If you can get past that stuff though... it's basically exactly what you're looking for.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#12BendoHendoPosted 5/12/2014 9:08:56 PM
Baldur's Gate II is 100+ hours and accommodates this.
#13TowerBooks3192Posted 5/12/2014 9:24:19 PM
I have to say that my first foray in to the openworld RPG was during the xbox price drop and I had some cash to spare so I got those old models and a pre-owned copy of oblivion. I must say it knocked my socks off and I still enjoy it though I haven't finished Shivering isles because my disc died.

I don't know why but despite skyrim having some new stuff and better graphics, I still kind of want to play oblivion despite the bland scenery of Cyrodil (confused which one is tamriel and cyrodil). I just love to remember the time when I was playing at the wee hours of the morning and I got visited by the dark brotherhood and it was really scary.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#14jedinatPosted 5/12/2014 9:28:13 PM
capgamer posted...
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga, with some reservations, mainly:
1. Unsatisfying plot

It's not all that bad, it's simple and elevated by some nicely written dialogue here and there. Couldn't stand the sequel/expansion or w/e it was though.
#15NingishzidaPosted 5/13/2014 1:34:01 AM
These are the best fantasy RPGs on PC, bar none:

Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
Divine Divinity
Temple of Elemental Evil
Baldur's Gate series
Gothic series
Morrowind
Dragon Age: Origins
Neverwinter Nights
Neverwinter Nights 2
Icewind Dale series
Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
Drakensang
Witcher 1
Wizardry 8
Ultima 7
Darklands
Betrayal at Krondor

All of these games assume latest patches, expansions, and bothering one's ass to look for any possible overhauls by the community (ie, acting like a real PC gamer, not some schlubby console prole who only has a PC to play his casual console crap in high fidelity and with high framerate...)