This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony quietly removed 1080p 60 FPS mention for Watch Dogs, so PC is the only one

#21AsucaHayashiPosted 5/12/2014 6:01:02 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
tbh i'm getting absolutely f****** tired of console PR.

everywhere you turn there's a company lying their ass off or failing to deliver on what is promised.

it's not even like we're talking pipedream promises like the typical molyneux rant but something as f****** simple as resolution or (stable)framerate.

You're a moron. Nothing in development is promised, especially resolution/framerate.

http://bgr.com/2014/03/05/killzone-shadow-fall-1080p-playstation-4/

how about you shut the f*** up?

kthxbye
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#22macmahon187Posted 5/12/2014 6:04:10 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
tbh i'm getting absolutely f****** tired of console PR.

everywhere you turn there's a company lying their ass off or failing to deliver on what is promised.

it's not even like we're talking pipedream promises like the typical molyneux rant but something as f****** simple as resolution or (stable)framerate.

This x 1000

I've never seen it this bad actually. I'll give Sony one thing tho. At least they're not doing anything close to what M$ has done for the past year. Pc gaming is much more prevalent now than it was when ps3 and 360 came out and they know that more consumers know what pc's can do. Then again one look at their boards and maybe I'm way off. This gen is funny
---
Posted using GameFlux
#23ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 6:06:20 PM
macmahon187 posted...
I'll give Sony one thing tho. At least they're not doing anything close to what M$ has done for the past year.

MS hasn't done anything, but Sony has lied multiple times.
#24macmahon187Posted 5/12/2014 6:09:32 PM
Hey isuckaHayashi no one is talking about that. He didn't say anything about ps4 not having the ability to do 1080p@60fps. Personally I'm impressed with what they can get out of the little ps4.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#25DaedalusExPosted 5/12/2014 6:13:00 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Nothing in development is promised, especially resolution/framerate.

Did you not see the ad?

"Hack everything as you make your way through Chicago's underground as you experience Watch_Dogs in a way that only PS4 can provide, at 60 Frames Per Second in 1080p."

When a company is using a feature to promote a game they are obligated to deliver that feature. Obviously, due to unforeseen circumstances things can change during development. If that happens, the proper thing to do is to publicly announce that the intended feature can't be delivered, not quietly remove it from promotional material and hope no one notices. That's shady as ****, and raises the question as to whether or not it was intentional from the start.
#26macmahon187Posted 5/12/2014 6:25:32 PM(edited)
Who cares about killzone? Is that saying the system is getting a 300% power increase with some magic internet trick? Seeing as I have never played kz I really have no way of knowing if it was an exaggeration or not.
#27AsucaHayashiPosted 5/12/2014 6:16:02 PM
Personally I've not heard anything out of Sony or camp making wild claims.

maybe you should actually read the article then.

Last November ahead of the title’s release, Sony wrote in a blog post that Killzone Shadow fall features a “competitive multiplayer mode” that supports up to 24 players and “runs at native 1080p and 60 fps.” As it turns out, this couldn’t be further from the truth.

sounds like a promise to me unless you actually expect them to use the words "we promise".
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#28R i c kPosted 5/12/2014 6:16:28 PM
No surprise here. Console game devs have always viewed 30fps and upscaling as "acceptable". Console gamers won't care, anyway, since they've always mostly played upscaled and 30fps-locked games.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#29macmahon187Posted 5/12/2014 6:27:34 PM
Lol somehow I edit my last comment with my new message. Damn gameflux.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#30username05Posted 5/12/2014 6:32:31 PM
Bmvc1 posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
username05 posted...
This topic makes me want to go play GTA V now so off I go.

Console gamers are so bored they're still playing a mediocre 15 hour game from last year.

Took me 65 hours to do about 60% of the stuff in that game. Shame you can't enjoy it, your loss