This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony quietly removed 1080p 60 FPS mention for Watch Dogs, so PC is the only one

#31PaukenPosted 5/12/2014 6:41:15 PM
Comparisons of the Watch Dogs versions:
PC: Looks the best, but it forces the terrible malware DRM crap known as uPlay on you even if you buy it from Steam, which utterly ruins any potential.
PS4: Probably the best console version, but unlikely to run at more than 30 FPS, probably much less than that.
Xbone: Crap all around, sub-720p most likely and unsteady framerates most likely. Only plus is no uPlay executable on this or the PS4 releases (logging into uPlay through the game itself isn't an issue since it doesn't need malware installed on your system to log in on consoles, unlike on PC), but honestly that isn't a big plus when both console versions will likely run worse and look crappier than N64 titles...
Wii U: Probably even worse than Xbone...and with the added sting of "won't come out until Half-Life 3 comes out (I.e. Never)".
360/PS3: basically the Wii U version without being delayed more than Half-Life 3. Probably looks so awful that Pong has better graphics than it,

In short: All versions suck for some reason or another. Do yourself a favour and go buy Sleeping Dogs on PC instead if you're dead set on buying a game with Dogs in the title, that game actually is good on PC, unlike the uPlay-ridden crap Ubisoft spews out.
#32ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 7:14:13 PM
It's just more desperate marketing from a failing company.
#33CllerjPosted 5/12/2014 7:19:58 PM
Pauken posted...
Comparisons of the Watch Dogs versions:
PC: Looks the best, but it forces the terrible malware DRM crap known as uPlay on you even if you buy it from Steam, which utterly ruins any potential.
PS4: Probably the best console version, but unlikely to run at more than 30 FPS, probably much less than that.
Xbone: Crap all around, sub-720p most likely and unsteady framerates most likely. Only plus is no uPlay executable on this or the PS4 releases (logging into uPlay through the game itself isn't an issue since it doesn't need malware installed on your system to log in on consoles, unlike on PC), but honestly that isn't a big plus when both console versions will likely run worse and look crappier than N64 titles...
Wii U: Probably even worse than Xbone...and with the added sting of "won't come out until Half-Life 3 comes out (I.e. Never)".
360/PS3: basically the Wii U version without being delayed more than Half-Life 3. Probably looks so awful that Pong has better graphics than it,

In short: All versions suck for some reason or another. Do yourself a favour and go buy Sleeping Dogs on PC instead if you're dead set on buying a game with Dogs in the title, that game actually is good on PC, unlike the uPlay-ridden crap Ubisoft spews out.

Never understood how someone could be so anti-console.
---
PSN-cllerj
When all else fails, Praise the Sun!!! \o/
#34JudgmenlPosted 5/12/2014 7:22:29 PM
Hey at least it's not the 3DS. Nintendo's flagship Pokemon X/Y get like 15FPS if you have the 3D gimmick on.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://tinyurl.com/gamefaqs-avatars
#teamkyogre #zangoosesucks
#35ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 7:41:15 PM
Judgmenl posted...
Hey at least it's not the 3DS. Nintendo's flagship Pokemon X/Y get like 15FPS if you have the 3D gimmick on.

Are you comparing that with yet another one of Sony's lies?
#36Born LuckyPosted 5/12/2014 7:56:33 PM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Why would you need to?

Well then, why are people on this board buying 400 dollar GPUs if they're already getting 60 fps on every game?
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#37Arucard05Posted 5/12/2014 7:57:12 PM
Cllerj posted...
Never understood how someone could be so anti-console.

I'd guess by only having a PC growing up. It's the same way with a lot of console gamers that never had a PC. The loyalties run deep, man.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
B<3R
#38ClouddxPosted 5/12/2014 7:57:44 PM
Born Lucky posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Why would you need to?

Well then, why are people on this board buying 400 dollar GPUs if they're already getting 60 fps on every game?

You don't need a $400 GPU to get 60fps. You don't need a $1000 computer to play PC games.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#39ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 7:57:56 PM
Born Lucky posted...

Because it's their god given right.
#40kingrat2314Posted 5/12/2014 7:58:21 PM
And the PC circle jerk continues.
---
"You gonna just keep running away?!"
"Just keep running away? ...I'm not running."