This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony quietly removed 1080p 60 FPS mention for Watch Dogs, so PC is the only one

#51PaukenPosted 5/13/2014 12:28:34 AM
Cllerj posted...
Pauken posted...
Comparisons of the Watch Dogs versions:
PC: Looks the best, but it forces the terrible malware DRM crap known as uPlay on you even if you buy it from Steam, which utterly ruins any potential.
PS4: Probably the best console version, but unlikely to run at more than 30 FPS, probably much less than that.
Xbone: Crap all around, sub-720p most likely and unsteady framerates most likely. Only plus is no uPlay executable on this or the PS4 releases (logging into uPlay through the game itself isn't an issue since it doesn't need malware installed on your system to log in on consoles, unlike on PC), but honestly that isn't a big plus when both console versions will likely run worse and look crappier than N64 titles...
Wii U: Probably even worse than Xbone...and with the added sting of "won't come out until Half-Life 3 comes out (I.e. Never)".
360/PS3: basically the Wii U version without being delayed more than Half-Life 3. Probably looks so awful that Pong has better graphics than it,

In short: All versions suck for some reason or another. Do yourself a favour and go buy Sleeping Dogs on PC instead if you're dead set on buying a game with Dogs in the title, that game actually is good on PC, unlike the uPlay-ridden crap Ubisoft spews out.

Never understood how someone could be so anti-console.

I'm not anti-console, I'm anti-terrible-port. Consoles get great exclusives frequently, especially Nintendo consoles, so they do have a point. Unfortunately for Wii U, PS4, and XBONE, there is quite literally nothing for ANY of those 3 that's worth buying a console for. Wii U is probably the most tempting of the 3, but it's gonna need a lot more than it currently has (even in the pipeline) if I'm gonna shell out the cash for one. Neither PS4 nor Xbone have any worthwhile exclusives, and what titles they do have are better on PC anyway.

That being said I'm more tolerant of handheld ports than console ports; seeing as how logging a PC in a small bag is nearly impossible right now, handhelds like the Vita and 3DS are gret for on-the-go gaming. The ports on handhelds are often significantly reduced in framerate and etc, but tbh since the alternative is a bulky as hell laptop or a tablet that's too weak to even run Firefox, handheld ports are tolerable thanks to being the ONLY way to play some titles on the go right now.

Ubisoft's pretty high on my list of scumbag companies, too, which is part of the reason why I think Watch Dogs will suck hard. No matter how optimized they get it on PC, it's still gonna install uPlay and infect your PC with its crappy DRM that may potentially allow hacker exploits to be run (yes it's ancient history, it still doesn't change the fact that Ubisoft installed a security vulnerability on people's PCs on purpose, and then had the audacity to claim they had no idea it was a gigantic hold), so it's not worn it. Since the console versions are all looking like ass or like the next Duke Nukem Forever (Wii U version), they aren't really an option either. In short, honestly Watch Dogs is a train wreck waiting to happen, and you're best off skipping it. That doesn't make me anti-console, that just makes me sick and tired of giant stupidity-ridden companies controlling so much nowadays :/
#52Chaos_MissilePosted 5/13/2014 1:59:47 AM
ITT: English goes to hell

(...), that only PS4 can provide, at 60 frames per seconds in 1080p

(...), that only PS4 can provide

Keyword bolded.
Previously seems to imply that ONLY the PS4 is running @ 60FPS 1080
The new lines implies that it's no longer exclusive to PS4, yes. But it does NOT mean that it CANT run @ 60FPS 1080
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#53cosmic_assasinPosted 5/13/2014 2:02:48 AM
hopefully its not locked at 60 fps, i have my asus ultra wide screen overclocked at 85hz
---
Assassssssin
#54Garage_ManPosted 5/13/2014 2:11:51 AM
Clouddx posted...
Born Lucky posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Why would you need to?

Well then, why are people on this board buying 400 dollar GPUs if they're already getting 60 fps on every game?

You don't need a $400 GPU to get 60fps. You don't need a $1000 computer to play PC games.

Hahahhahahahaha who are you lying to man.

Don't listen to him, sure a 200gpu will hit 60fps....sometimes, just the same as the PS4 will do 60fps...sometimes.

Honestly for myself when I look at a potential game I waanna see 60fps MINIMUM. NO DROPPED FRAMES, NO 50FPS MOMENTS...JUST PURE CAPPED 60.

Unfortunately that does cost money but I have it. Anyone saying you are getting a straight 60fps on ultra with the draw distance in maxxed at 8x ,16x AA or using OGAA is nuts. Forget running 1440p or 4k.

Pc gaming is superior...if got got the cash. For everything else there is ps4 ;)
#55ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 7:01:44 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Pc gaming is superior...if got got the cash. For everything else there is ps4 ;)

Everything else?

Like what? The PS4 doesn't have any games.
#56blax34dmPosted 5/13/2014 7:16:41 AM
Unfortunately the 1080p/60 crap has been created by all the people fighting over which console would be more powerful in the fall. Now the companies see it as the buzzword to spark interest. Dumb.

A good pc is most powerful and costs the most

The ps4 and XB1 are less powerful and cost less, but will have a few exclusives that pc won't so you'll have to buy one if you want to play them.

The wii u is even less powerful and costs even less, but will have a few exclusives that pc won't so you'll have to buy one if you want to play them.

STOP TALKING ABOUT GRAPHICS IT'S RUINING GAMING
#57CllerjPosted 5/13/2014 7:29:00 AM
blax34dm posted...
A good pc is most powerful and costs the most

http://youtu.be/sWans5FU4cU

This vid shows you a 500 dollar build a 600 dollar build and a 700 dollar build. All of which are stronger than a console.
---
PSN-cllerj
When all else fails, Praise the Sun!!! \o/
#58brainlackPosted 5/13/2014 7:49:25 AM
popping4it posted...
staying true to sony fashion to offer one thing then to take away shortly thereafter. rip otherOS.

I still remember april 1 2009 Sony will remove the otheros and developers like Kojima defended sony and said its only april fools but really the april fools is sony didn't return otheros

remember many features were removed remember 4/1 many otheros died
---
back in my day nvidia's 9800gt was the titan and 9800gx2 was the gt 690
#59MaximoomPosted 5/13/2014 9:09:37 AM
Born Lucky posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Why would you need to?

Well then, why are people on this board buying 400 dollar GPUs if they're already getting 60 fps on every game?

These people aim at higher resolutions like 1440p and 1600p or higher fps like 120-144fps or with multi-monitors (resolutions like 5760x1080).

Silly question. To play games at Ultra 1080p/60 you dont need more then a $700 build today, or a $1200 build 5 years ago.
---
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
#60biohazard1775Posted 5/13/2014 9:15:36 AM
Is anyone still interested in this game?
---
http://i.imgur.com/PUlTENu.png
Iron Within, Iron Without