This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you thought consoles were holding PCs back before...

#11Killah PriestPosted 5/13/2014 5:34:49 AM
Economy holds PCs back, you can only release what sells.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#12AsucaHayashiPosted 5/13/2014 5:38:25 AM
It will only 'hold back' PC gaming in terms of visuals, physics and other hardware-intensive pursuits.

like scale and scope which could really affect how games are played?

sure, nobody expects consoles to run something like supreme commander mainly because it would be s*** on console, but just look at minecraft 360/ps3 or how planetside wasn't released on ps3 or why rocksteady is only developing arkham knights for (next)current-gen and PC etc.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#13dermoratrakenPosted 5/13/2014 5:41:00 AM
thegreatsquare posted...
I actually like having kept the same laptop for over four years while maintaining decent settings at my native resolution.

I'm using my 2008 laptop to run bioshock infinite at medium settings. It's rather convenient.

I'd be more worried about indie, phone, tablet, f2p, etc games and opportunity cost. PC may become dependent on consoles to provide the incentive for those big titles.
#14SinisterSlayPosted 5/13/2014 5:41:58 AM
Ever notice how pc exclusives don't usually have high hardware requirements?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#15Hi CPosted 5/13/2014 5:51:02 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
Also, don't forget that the PC gaming market is much more profitable than the console gaming market now. That wasn't the case a few years ago. Devs will continue to put more and more work in to PC ports.

PC is more profitable as a platform because it does a whole lot more things than you can find on console but not on an individual game basis except in certain exceptions.
#16Bellum_SacrumPosted 5/13/2014 5:53:29 AM
ITT: Playing console games on PC is "PC gaming".

Pathetic.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#17Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 5:56:07 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Ever notice how pc exclusives don't usually have high hardware requirements?

For the most part yeah, the requirements are low. But there is the occasional planet side 2, that was impossible on the consoles when that game came out.
#18JackTheRimmerPosted 5/13/2014 5:57:00 AM
PC gamers have always held PC gaming back. This has always and will always be the case.Stop pirating and waiting for AAA games to be 50 cents on steam before you buy them.
#19Combo MasterPosted 5/13/2014 6:07:42 AM
As long as gpu technology doesn't slow down they won't hold pc games back that much. Playing pc games on a big 4ktv should be an awesome experience not matched by a ps4 game in anyway. Also 4k is possible now. gtx 780's in sli do really good in most games at 4k.. It is just going to be more and more worth it as every year goes by to do it.
---
Combo Master
#20Rapscallion84Posted 5/13/2014 6:10:48 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
It will only 'hold back' PC gaming in terms of visuals, physics and other hardware-intensive pursuits.

like scale and scope which could really affect how games are played?

sure, nobody expects consoles to run something like supreme commander mainly because it would be s*** on console, but just look at minecraft 360/ps3 or how planetside wasn't released on ps3 or why rocksteady is only developing arkham knights for (next)current-gen and PC etc.

What the heck are you talking about dude?