This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you thought consoles were holding PCs back before...

#31KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2014 8:56:38 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Ever notice how pc exclusives don't usually have high hardware requirements?

Yeah. The whole "consoles hold PC gaming back" argument is total bull****. Most of my favorite PC exclusive games are fairly low end ones.

BTW, what held Crysis back? Mediocre as hell gameplay? Terrible story? Oh ****, that's right, there were no console versions considered when it was originally developed. What about Total War Rome 2? That stupid game is a PC only through and through and they still barely support multicore/threads in their games...in a PC only strategy game...GG Creative Assembly.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#32OrgeLambartPosted 5/13/2014 8:57:22 AM
PC gamers hold back PC gaming because they are cheap, people talk about PC gaming being some huge market share when every multiplatform game sells better on consoles.. WHy is that? Most PC gamers will just wait around for a game to be on a steam sale before they purchase, or better yet wait for a AAA game to be like 3 bucks before they finally make the splash... pfft. keep on keeping on.

You really think developers are going to make games with PC gamers in mind, pfft, they release games on consoles then typically do a shady port and 2 or 3 patches to release that game on the PC.

That isn't even talking about the exclusives that never sniff a PC release because it's just not worth it for developers. Like Red Dead Redemption and GTA 5. Keep on thinking PC gaming is the master gaming, and people who game on both the PC and Consoles will laugh at all the great games you're missing out on due to your stance.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart
#33petran78Posted 5/13/2014 9:06:10 AM
for the time being this is not true

a lot of multi-platform titles require a 64-bit OS, along with the higher RAM, GPU and CPU requirements this entails.

also consoles will help games utilise 8 cores. Previously most PC games utilised 2 cores the most, with very few exceptions.

So despite dropping Windows XP, one would also need a 64-bit version of Windows 7 instead of a 32-bit
tell that to the countless WIndows 7/8 installations who have a 32-bit version installed by default.

This is rather a result of unoptimised ports to save up money.
Eg why require a 64-bit OS, when there is also a PS3/Xbox360 version for Watch Dogs.

when most PCs have switched to 64-bit OS, only then will those consoles feel inferior.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#34Lord ZhouYuPosted 5/13/2014 9:11:07 AM
Consoles don't hold PCs back, the next biggest hardware coming out every few months does. Not to mention the primary distribution platform randomly and temporarily slashing prices and lacking flexible ownership of property...
---
James and Aidrianna Ruglia: Balmung
#35godplaysSNESPosted 5/13/2014 9:11:50 AM
petran78 posted...

also consoles will help games utilise 8 cores. Previously most PC games utilised 2 cores the most, with very few exceptions.

Most games have been using more than two cores/threads for the last years, multiplats in particular. It's mostly the PC exclusives that have been lagging behind.

The PS4/Xbone has eight cores, but only six available for gaming
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#36KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2014 9:17:03 AM
Lord ZhouYu posted...
Consoles don't hold PCs back, the next biggest hardware coming out every few months does. Not to mention the primary distribution platform randomly and temporarily slashing prices and lacking flexible ownership of property...

That's kind of a good point. You can't really plan your game around the hardware when every 5 months a new TITAN XL MEGA XTREME GPU is being released.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#37ArkonBladePosted 5/13/2014 9:27:46 AM
blame the devs or better yet the publishers for not giving us proper PC ports.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#38KyoReiseTaisenPosted 5/13/2014 9:31:45 AM
Yeah because if there were actually money in PC gaming, devs totally wouldn't build a game FOR PCs specifically and then a console version too.
#39KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2014 9:33:34 AM
KyoReiseTaisen posted...
Yeah because if there were actually money in PC gaming, devs totally wouldn't build a game FOR PCs specifically and then a console version too.

That only happens when a PC-only dev decided to expand their business, ala CD Projeckt Red.
---
#40slayer_titan88Posted 5/13/2014 9:35:26 AM
thegreatsquare posted...
I actually like having kept the same laptop for over four years while maintaining decent settings at my native resolution. I will be buying a new laptop when Maxwell hits the top-end mobile GPUs next year and I hope for similar results.

I for one look forward to the plateau because it makes PC gaming cheaper for everyone.

this ^^^^

the reason pc gaming has recently surpassed console sales is because of indie games and less emphasis on graphics.
instead of worrying about them making the graphics worse due to consoles we should all hope that they go back to making amazing game A.I., something that seems to have taken a step backward since modern warfare became popular. ("cinematic" events are easier to market than intelligent enemies)
---
Proud PSWII60 owner and I love all 3....having said that I do love fanning fanboy flames and occasionally throwing gasoline onto said flames....just sayin