This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gotta ask, what was the point of bringing FF3 to pc..

#1PokenubPosted 5/13/2014 7:57:44 AM
Most pc gamers (at least the ones I know) have both a handheld in the DS family and a pc they use for games. Final Fantasy 3 was released on DS, so why bother bringing it to Steam?

I sure as heck don't want ANOTHER Final Fantasy 4 steam release, however 5 and 6 haven't seen a release since GBA (Yeah, I know it's not that long ago but bleh). It's just such an odd choice of game to release on the PC, let alone by itself.

Why not release 1-6 in a single swoop, charge 40-50 for it and be done with it. I can guess that the price point will be 15-30 dollars for just Final Fantasy 3, because.. Well.. Square Enix.

However knowing their past history, if Final Fantasy 3 doesn't sell well, they'll just say "Oh, there's no market for it, so we won't bother porting the other games to PC."

They've only just started listening to the fact that they need to make more older style games like Bravely Default, but I just hope they don't listen to the potential failure of the game because a "large" (I'm only going off what I've read on GFaqs here) amount of players would already have it/have access to it.

And the worst part of this whole thing, they're not even adding anything. (except for achievements and trading cards, whoop de freaking do.)
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#2rkingPosted 5/13/2014 8:00:53 AM
I'm hoping they release Chrono Trigger, heh. I think I'll be hoping for a while...
---
http://www.d2offline.info - Diablo 2 SP forums
Phenom II x4 945/5770/1440x900 x2/8GB DDR3/Unicomp SpaceSaver/120GB SSD/320GB HDD
#3XtremeWRATH360Posted 5/13/2014 8:01:02 AM
If they brought the original untouched FF 1-6 i would have been all over that, you don't need to update a classic.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#4ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/13/2014 8:01:07 AM
Why not? More money for them, more Final Fantasy for us. The 3DS isn't backwards compatible. No platform is as backwards compatible as the PC is. In the future, the PC version will be easily accessible compared to any version.

That's why ports are always always always good for us.

If anyone complains about ports to PC, I ****ing hate you.
#5Cowboy082288Posted 5/13/2014 8:01:53 AM
Just looked it up. Why does it say minimum 2GB of ram? wtf
#6BannedMomPosted 5/13/2014 8:02:34 AM
Most people you know have ds. Most people I know dont
#7Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 8:03:06 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Why not? More money for them, more Final Fantasy for us. The 3DS isn't backwards compatible. No platform is as backwards compatible as the PC is. In the future, the PC version will be easily accessible compared to any version.

That's why ports are always always always good for us.

If anyone complains about ports to PC, I ****ing hate you.

Uhm.. Yeah, 3DS is backwards compatible.. I agree that in the future when my DS breaks, it'll be good to have another way of playing it on a platform that won't go out of style or production, however 3 seems to be looked upon as "average". Personally I prefer 5, alot of people prefer 6.
---
#8Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 8:04:07 AM
BannedMom posted...
Most people you know have ds. Most people I know dont

Hm, odd, even non current gen gamers (Diablo 2 and such) all have DSes around where I live. It may be differences in population though.
---
#9ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/13/2014 8:08:28 AM
Pokenub posted...
Uhm.. Yeah, 3DS is backwards compatible

Oops. I meant to say that the 3DS is barely backwards compatible. Just like the next DS will be. Once the next DS hits, you won't be able to play DS games, because they only go backwards one generation at a time.
#10Puckswack12Posted 5/13/2014 8:08:59 AM
I'm always happy when things come to pc. That means I can have it forever.
---
Yup