This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gotta ask, what was the point of bringing FF3 to pc..

#21Tucker_BAPosted 5/13/2014 10:02:22 AM
Probably testing the waters to see how the other older ones might do. I hope V gets brought over with modding support.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#22OrgeLambartPosted 5/13/2014 10:02:44 AM
I'd love to have the whole Final Fantasy stable brought over to steam, I love the games, unfortunately I have no way of playing them currently, I own just about all of them for the Playstation but meh, my playstation and playstation 2 broke. I have the backward compatible PS3 but it tends to randomly wipe out the harddrive.

Why would someone complain about this, I want them to port all the games over, also this isn't a normal port, looks like they altered it somewhat, atleast the graphics.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart
#23g7g7g7g7Posted 5/13/2014 10:41:22 AM
BannedMom posted...
Most people you know have ds. Most people I know dont

---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#24SilentHawk29Posted 5/13/2014 11:29:45 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Pokenub posted...
Uhm.. Yeah, 3DS is backwards compatible

Oops. I meant to say that the 3DS is barely backwards compatible. Just like the next DS will be. Once the next DS hits, you won't be able to play DS games, because they only go backwards one generation at a time.

You're only trolling youself with ridiculous stuff like this. The 3DS is fully backwards compatible with the DS, not "barely." Not to mention, there has only been two DS generations to even make that absurd claim at the end.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#25SilentHawk29Posted 5/13/2014 11:30:53 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
I'd love to have the whole Final Fantasy stable brought over to steam, I love the games, unfortunately I have no way of playing them currently, I own just about all of them for the Playstation but meh, my playstation and playstation 2 broke. I have the backward compatible PS3 but it tends to randomly wipe out the harddrive.

Why would someone complain about this, I want them to port all the games over, also this isn't a normal port, looks like they altered it somewhat, atleast the graphics.

A PC gamer that doesn't know about emulation?
---
#26ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/13/2014 11:33:45 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
You're only trolling youself with ridiculous stuff like this. The 3DS is fully backwards compatible with the DS, not "barely." Not to mention, there has only been two DS generations to even make that absurd claim at the end.

I mean that it is only compatible with DS games. Not GBA games. Learn to read. GBA was one generation behind the DS. Each new handheld only goes backwards one single generation. Which means the next DS will only play 3DS games. Not DS.

You took one part of my statement and acted like an angry monkey over it.
#27SilentHawk29Posted 5/13/2014 11:43:06 AM
If the next handheld can play 3DS games, then it sure as hell can play DS games. The touch screen technology and cart sizes are identical.
---
#28ShubPosted 5/13/2014 11:59:47 AM
rking posted...
I'm hoping they release Chrono Trigger, heh. I think I'll be hoping for a while...

It's not that far-fetched actually, since FF3 came to PC from the DS port via the iOS port, and Chrono Trigger is on iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chrono-trigger/id479431697
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#29FuzzyJelloPosted 5/13/2014 12:02:22 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
If the next handheld can play 3DS games, then it sure as hell can play DS games. The touch screen technology and cart sizes are identical.

It could (particularly since the ARM processors Nintendo's used since the GBA make backwards compatibility very easy), but will it? We can hope.

SilentHawk29 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

A PC gamer that doesn't know about emulation?

Or would like an official version with PC perks. Can't swap out the soundtrack of a SNES or GBA ROM.

Which opens up the whole can of worms of if or how knowledge of modding the SNES version could transfer to Windows port...
#30Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 7:22:43 PM
Tucker_BA posted...
Probably testing the waters to see how the other older ones might do. I hope V gets brought over with modding support.

That's my biggest fear. Not many people will want to get Final Fantasy 3, meaning Squeenix will see it as a failure and NOT release the others.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..