This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Medieval Game of Thrones type game?

#1kingoffpsPosted 5/13/2014 10:03:07 AM
In the middle of marathon-ing through GoT again and I want a game that feels like this show's tone. RPG is ok as long as it's not Skyrim or something too heavily based on stat/inventory juggling. Sword fighting is a must. And not something which is so open as to have aimless wandering (like Skyrim). A tight single player game is what I'm after.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#2KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2014 10:03:57 AM
Mount and Blade with a mod.

Or if you wanna go more strategy gaming, Crusader Kings 2. CK2 also has a GoT mod.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#3shamfuruPosted 5/13/2014 10:06:41 AM
Ironically, Skyrim was meant to be a Game of Thrones RPG originally.

Also, there is a Game of Thrones RPG that is like KOTOR that is pretty cool.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#4shamfuruPosted 5/13/2014 10:08:25 AM
Also, going by your sig and proclivities, the GoT RPG I mentioned is very niche so your pseudo-hipster cred will be intact.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#5Koala262Posted 5/13/2014 10:16:22 AM
The Witcher 2 felt very GoT-esque to me. Mature, politically driven story, conservative use of magic, strays from stereotypical fantasy concepts, and the combat had a feel to it that would be right at home in a GoT episode.
---
----
---
#6KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2014 10:18:04 AM
Koala262 posted...
The Witcher 2 felt very GoT-esque to me. Mature, politically driven story, conservative use of magic, strays from stereotypical fantasy concepts, and the combat had a feel to it that would be right at home in a GoT episode.

Not to mention all of the tig ole bitties.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#7TowerBooks3192Posted 5/13/2014 10:20:02 AM
If you are interested in politics and stuff ala game of thrones with conspiracies and a lot of great events that are cool then I would suggest Crusader kings 2 plus each and every DLC plus there was a GoT mod and I don't know how it is now but the last I check it was still supported.

But since you want a more action oriented game go with mount and blade warband + A clash of kings mod.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#8kingoffps(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 1:14:58 PM
shamfuru posted...
Also, going by your sig and proclivities, the GoT RPG I mentioned is very niche so your pseudo-hipster cred will be intact.

Sorry I don't follow..?

Koala262 posted...

I will look into The Witcher 2. I haven't played either of them. Are they heavy on stats and inventory management or are they "dumbed down" style RPGs (which I prefer because I'm a ******)? I'm not a fan of RPGs which are basically number games where you spend 60% of your time managing +4 defense against -3 dexterity, vs. +10 weight vs. -4 against poision vs. +6 against one handed etc (you get the idea). Then there's the levelling systems.... dear god lol.

TowerBooks3192 posted...
If you are interested in politics and stuff ala game of thrones with conspiracies and a lot of great events that are cool then I would suggest Crusader kings 2 plus each and every DLC plus there was a GoT mod and I don't know how it is now but the last I check it was still supported.

But since you want a more action oriented game go with mount and blade warband + A clash of kings mod.

Thanks. I'll look into it :D
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#9KabtheMentatPosted 5/13/2014 1:16:37 PM
Witcher 2 is fairly accessible. The hard part of it comes from the gameplay. Fighting stuff can be tricky, the game is a little on the tougher side of things. It's not Neverwinter Nights D&D type of stuff. It's more like a grown up Zelda.
---
#10r0ge00Posted 5/13/2014 1:21:13 PM
kingoffps posted...
I will look into The Witcher 2. I haven't played either of them. Are they heavy on stats and inventory management or are they "dumbed down" style RPGs (which I prefer because I'm a ******)? I'm not a fan of RPGs which are basically number games where you spend 60% of your time managing +4 defense against -3 dexterity, vs. +10 weight vs. -4 against poision vs. +6 against one handed etc (you get the idea). Then there's the levelling systems.... dear god lol.

If that stuff scares you, steer far away from Crusader Kings II. Paradox Interactive strategy games aren't the easiest games to pick up. I don't know if the mod makes it any easier to get into, but the base game is fairly complex.