This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting banned on steam.

#11GarudinPosted 5/16/2014 11:30:48 AM
Monkeymage posted...
Garudin posted...

so you go to your CC company for them to basically take back the money by force at least electronically anyway.

No. A chargeback is a request to your credit card's issuing bank to dispute the charge. They will award you a temporary amount in the amount of the disputed transaction while they investigate. Ultimately the Association (VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, Discover) decides whether or not you get the money permanently.

(doing a charge back also negatively effects your Credit Rating)

False. It does nothing to your credit rating.

I worked credit card disputes for a large payment processor for a number of years, and I was a Subject Matter Expert that worked directly with the Associations.

Thanks for clearing that up then how I said it was how it was explained to me from a couple different people that at the time I thought knew what they were talking about.
---
Crowd: Free Tibet, Free Tibet
Peter: I'll take it, hey China I have something you want but it'll cost ya...That's right all the tea GT: Garudin
#12Cool_Dude667Posted 5/16/2014 11:32:32 AM
SpazH3d posted...
Isn't it stupid to lock you out of buying games if you're banned? Banning a person for being an ass or a scammer is fine, but why would they refuse your money?

So they don't get charge-backed again.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi