This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the super reliable 1 - 2TB 2.5" bare hardrives out there?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the super reliable 1 - 2TB 2.5" bare hardrives out there?
2 years ago#1
I want to put a second drive in my laptop.

Not in any hurry, just something to watch out for until a sale pops up.
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
2 years ago#2
Most are the same. Seagates are one of the most horrible though even Hitachi is better than them now. Its mostly luck of the draw
2 years ago#3
I have a Samsung 2TB desktop drive that worked well.

Are their laptop drives just as reliable?
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
2 years ago#4
Anyone have any info on the reliability of this?

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Black-Notebook-WD7500BPKX/dp/B00DSUTX3O
2 years ago#5
Reliability of WD is mostly the same across their models (Red slightly lower due to being made for RAID where they can fail with less consequence). You get a bad drive, you get a bad drive. Blacks do have a 5 year warranty though. Of course, any important information would be backed up, so as long as you don't want a different drive within 5 years, go for it.

My blue has been going strong for 4 years.
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
2 years ago#6
Erik212 posted...
Red slightly lower due to being made for RAID where they can fail with less consequence

Wot
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are the super reliable 1 - 2TB 2.5" bare hardrives out there?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived