This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the super reliable 1 - 2TB 2.5" bare hardrives out there?

#1shamfuruPosted 5/16/2014 7:23:06 PM
I want to put a second drive in my laptop.

Not in any hurry, just something to watch out for until a sale pops up.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#2BannedMomPosted 5/16/2014 7:24:34 PM
Most are the same. Seagates are one of the most horrible though even Hitachi is better than them now. Its mostly luck of the draw
#3shamfuru(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 7:28:32 PM
I have a Samsung 2TB desktop drive that worked well.

Are their laptop drives just as reliable?
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#4shamfuru(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 9:11:13 PM
Anyone have any info on the reliability of this?

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Black-Notebook-WD7500BPKX/dp/B00DSUTX3O
---
#5Erik212Posted 5/17/2014 10:40:51 PM
Reliability of WD is mostly the same across their models (Red slightly lower due to being made for RAID where they can fail with less consequence). You get a bad drive, you get a bad drive. Blacks do have a 5 year warranty though. Of course, any important information would be backed up, so as long as you don't want a different drive within 5 years, go for it.

My blue has been going strong for 4 years.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#6Bazooka_PenguinPosted 5/17/2014 10:41:37 PM
Erik212 posted...
Red slightly lower due to being made for RAID where they can fail with less consequence

Wot
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif