This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Origin is starting to grow on me.

#21PEASANTSgonPEZ(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 6:21:41 PM
Oh yeah that's another thing. Orgin's return policy (Great Game Guarantee). Not even sure if Steam has one. Yes/No?
---
CONSOLE WARS VIII: A NEW HOPE.
#22PassTheWhiskeyPosted 5/17/2014 6:35:56 PM
eh, maybe EA should start putting out good games first.

Pass the whiskey.
#23_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 5/18/2014 4:07:25 AM(edited)
Origin is not really all that bad. I mean, I do not like the interface, and it had some hiccups in the past. But overall it works. The annoying thing about origin is that my games are now on two seperate applications (with their own social platform attached etc.).

But then again, I realize that a monopoly of one digital download platform for all PC games is not in the consumer's best interest either.

Ideally there would also be competing download platforms that are as popular and not attached to a publisher. But we can't have it all I guess.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | AKG k550 | Samsung S24A350H
#24MadPinoRagePosted 5/18/2014 4:46:22 AM
Yeah indie games suck! Steam sucks! Give me corporate triple A games and tell me what I want in my games. Always on DRM, microtransactions, make a terrible Star Wars MMO, and then when you get voted worst company of the year in a Forbes magazine have your CEO chalk it up to voters basing it on being upset over which player gets picked for Madden covers. Origin rules! EA rules! ~drinks koolaid~
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#25MackorovPosted 5/18/2014 5:29:02 AM(edited)
There really is NOTHING wrong with Origin. The only two instances I ever see peeps hate on it is:

1. "It's by EA, therefore I must automatically hate it no matter what"

2. "Oh no, encountered some technical issue. Origin must be the worst thing evar!" (When Steam by far has way more technical problems reported)

3. "It's DRM !!" (Yeah sure, as if Steam isn't. And I assume those who say this are so clever they don't even know of something called Offline mode)
#26Forever ShadowedPosted 5/18/2014 5:46:52 AM
Orestes417 posted...
TBH I could care less about the storefront aspects, it's just a background tool to run games. That goes for steam too. My money goes to whomever offers the product I want at a price I'll pay. Usually that's Amazon

That said, I do prefer Origin's UI. About the only thing it has against it is the lack of a proper backup function.

Meh, both the workshop and community hubs for games are pretty neat. Workshop obviously for awesome super simple mod support.

And the community hub is very cool for games ou are into. See others posts, screenshots and videos from the game. Even random ass unknown European games have gotten me a response when I posted on their discussion boards. Whereas, for comparsion, the same games' board on gameFAQS would have been dead before it even started.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#27steveboblarryPosted 5/18/2014 8:01:50 AM(edited)
Forever Shadowed posted...
Orestes417 posted...
TBH I could care less about the storefront aspects, it's just a background tool to run games. That goes for steam too. My money goes to whomever offers the product I want at a price I'll pay. Usually that's Amazon

That said, I do prefer Origin's UI. About the only thing it has against it is the lack of a proper backup function.

Meh, both the workshop and community hubs for games are pretty neat. Workshop obviously for awesome super simple mod support.

And the community hub is very cool for games ou are into. See others posts, screenshots and videos from the game. Even random ass unknown European games have gotten me a response when I posted on their discussion boards. Whereas, for comparsion, the same games' board on gameFAQS would have been dead before it even started.

He is just being a fanboy nothing to see here, When EA starts taking the PC crowd more seriously and improving Origin more then we will see.
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#28Orestes417Posted 5/18/2014 8:02:41 AM
Orestes417 posted...

Neither of which need to client open to see. Why would I bother going into steam to read their boards when my browser is both better and faster?
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#29xanthan1Posted 5/18/2014 9:57:48 AM
Orestes417 posted...
Orestes417 posted...

Neither of which need to client open to see. Why would I bother going into steam to read their boards when my browser is both better and faster?

You want to check a guide but don't feel like getting out your phone and alt tabbing out might cause problems?
#30kobalobasileusPosted 5/18/2014 11:35:39 AM
Nenina posted...
One day Steam, Origin, and Uplay will merge and then it won't matter.

It will matter, depending on which of the three gets to be the "head" of the Megazord.

PassTheWhiskey posted...
eh, maybe EA should start putting out good games first.

Pass the whiskey.

True dat.