This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sacred Gold 2 any fun?

#1GSWarriors-Posted 5/17/2014 1:34:01 PM
Sacred Gold 2 any fun?
#2GSWarriors-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 8:29:10 PM
bump
#3Arucard05Posted 5/17/2014 8:38:02 PM
It's pretty alright. The map is just massive. Perhaps too massive.

*strokes chin*

If you are a map-filling-in babe like myself, know that you have your work cut out for you.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
B<3R
#4jedinatPosted 5/17/2014 8:43:26 PM
I could never get into Sacred 2. I really tried. It just feels really cheap or something... and the perspective is just wrong. It almost feels like the goofy perspective of some of the later Ultima games translated into 3D. It's horrible.
#5SavageDonzillaPosted 5/17/2014 8:52:30 PM
If you plan on playing, you'll definitely want to plan your leveling ahead of time. One screw up and you could gimp yourself the rest of the time. I put over 100 hours into it on console, and Gold comes with the extra character plus a few fixes. If you can get it cheap, worth a play through.
---
It's time to add PS4 & Xbox One/Xbone to the banned list on the PC board.
#6-5xad0w-Posted 5/17/2014 9:31:00 PM
If you like the genre, sure.

It's cool in that it goes for more of an open world vibe than running you from chapter to chapter or whatever.

The system for leveling your skills is less than stellar IMO. You need to have a plan going in.

Even something as simple (and seemingly good) as using every skill book your come across can have negative effects if you aren't careful.

I did like the skill tree like choices (though limited to 2 tiers per skill IIRC) to add variation to your powers.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#7GSWarriors-(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 9:38:15 PM
Can you dudes give me good builds?
#8Bellum_SacrumPosted 5/17/2014 9:45:27 PM
GSWarriors- posted...
Can you dudes give me good builds?

Why? What's the point of even playing if you're going to be a cookie cutter?
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#9Arucard05Posted 5/17/2014 10:11:27 PM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Why? What's the point of even playing if you're going to be a cookie cutter?

That's another thing about that game I'm not so sure about. Going in, everyone told me to not even think about making my own character because I will just screw it up. It seems pointless to me to even have character customization at that point. Just ask me if I want to be this kind of character or that kind of character and do it automatically. I've never given a snake about min-maxing or that kind of thing anyway.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/
B<3R
#10Chaos_MissilePosted 5/17/2014 11:57:24 PM
I tried the game for about 1 hour.

It's very, VERY console-focused.

The camera magically moving around(and sluggish at that), the fact that you can only map up to 4 active skills only and that you automaticlally do a combo attack at the SINGLE press of a button.

Playing through it, it can be quite telling the developers really wants you to use a controller.

Also, I've no freaking clue why the hell is it THE biggest Diablo-esque game I've ever played. Twenty freaking GBs?!?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008