This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

im sorry but

#31TestaALTPosted 5/17/2014 9:10:51 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
I enjoy the extra screen real estate that Chrome has.

Never heard that defense before. I have my bookmark bar and search bar on the same line, and tabs on top, so I think FF has more screen real estate. And I'm not sure if you can even customize Chrome to have bookmarks right aside the search bar. That was my only complaint with Chrome: the utter lack of customizability and add ons. It's definitely changed since I last tried it a long time ago, though, and now more people use it.
#32metalmariolordPosted 5/17/2014 9:43:38 PM
Chrome doesn't run on my PC.
Firefox barely does.
I use Firefox.
MY PC sucks.
---
Misspelled Words suggestion metalmariolord: steamrolled, Admiralty, admiralty, middlemost
"Bury me with my money" Simon Greedwell.
#33Shin_GallonPosted 5/17/2014 9:46:32 PM
Firefox does everything I want/need a browser to do, whereas Chrome has more than one dealbreaking things that I hate.
Firefox:
Tabs under the address bar thanks to about:config, because I hate tabs being above the address bar
Bookmarks sidebar because bookmarks toolbar is grossly unrealistic for the amount of bookmarks I visit daily and I detest cascading pop-outs or "fill the tab with my bookmarks" crap
Separate search and address bars, because it's 2 separate functions so it better damn well be 2 separate fields, speaking of...
Different search plug-ins for the search field, like searching directly in YouTube or Wikipedia rather than going to the page first then searching

Chrome:
No bookmarks sidebar (dealbreaker #1)
Combined address/search bar (dealbreaker #2)
As far as I know, no way to have separate stop/reload buttons (dealbreaker #3)
Fewer plugins that I find useful
No about:config menu that I'm aware of

I have literally zero reasons to ever switch from Firefox to Chrome, and that browser shall never sully a computer I own. I'd seriously use IE before using Chrome.
---
Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime.
#34caalanuaaPosted 5/17/2014 9:48:45 PM
The change from Firefox to Chrome was difficult. But I like more Chrome
---
"Whoever saves a life, saves the whole world"
Gaming should be fun, never forget that!
#35frag_baitPosted 5/17/2014 10:08:47 PM
Are we talking about Firefox 29, that jumps on the Steve Jobs Zen "simplicity is everything" bandwagon and hides every essential interface under some window-dressing?
---
I am a well-known troll. Please don't fall for my shenanigans.
#36Bellum_SacrumPosted 5/17/2014 10:21:02 PM
Google's auto-update app boots before start-up just like a freaking virus and you can't truly remove it unless you go into safe mode. It will not uninstall if you uninstall the program it came with.

That's reason enough not to use Chrome.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#37MithrilMonarchPosted 5/17/2014 10:31:40 PM
Meanwhile, Opera minority reporting in.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where you need to justify being wrong.
#38Shin_GallonPosted 5/17/2014 10:52:08 PM
frag_bait posted...
Are we talking about Firefox 29, that jumps on the Steve Jobs Zen "simplicity is everything" bandwagon and hides every essential interface under some window-dressing?

I saw that, thankfully I have auto-updates turned off. You can get a classic theme that undoes most of the crappier changes, at least.
---
Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime.
#39TheNonBelieverPosted 5/17/2014 10:53:19 PM
Shin_Gallon posted...
Firefox does everything I want/need a browser to do, whereas Chrome has more than one dealbreaking things that I hate.
Firefox:
Tabs under the address bar thanks to about:config, because I hate tabs being above the address bar
Bookmarks sidebar because bookmarks toolbar is grossly unrealistic for the amount of bookmarks I visit daily and I detest cascading pop-outs or "fill the tab with my bookmarks" crap
Separate search and address bars, because it's 2 separate functions so it better damn well be 2 separate fields, speaking of...
Different search plug-ins for the search field, like searching directly in YouTube or Wikipedia rather than going to the page first then searching

Chrome:
No bookmarks sidebar (dealbreaker #1)
Combined address/search bar (dealbreaker #2)
As far as I know, no way to have separate stop/reload buttons (dealbreaker #3)
Fewer plugins that I find useful
No about:config menu that I'm aware of

I have literally zero reasons to ever switch from Firefox to Chrome, and that browser shall never sully a computer I own. I'd seriously use IE before using Chrome.

all 3 dealbreakers against chrome are just you grasping for straws
---
Watching: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Yes! Precure 5
#40BlackWizardMagusPosted 5/17/2014 10:56:46 PM
...I use IE. Yeah, I said it. I've never seen a compelling reason to learn a new browser (all the add-ons and whatever I've heard of aren't really beneficial to me, though I can see why that would be huge to some).
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus