This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you want to see from Fallout 4?

#101shamfuruPosted 5/17/2014 11:49:48 PM
Thread of the year

10/10
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#102daemon_danPosted 5/17/2014 11:50:27 PM
shamfuru posted...
Thread of the year

10/10

Okay then.
---
"Desperate times call for desperate measures. Go ahead and pour that gasoline."
~DevilDriver: Desperate Times
#103WyzeGyePosted 5/18/2014 2:41:54 AM
You guys will get used to Shamfuru calling you out for being somebody's alt. That's literally his only defense when it comes to him being wrong or having a horrible opinion.

inb4Wyze=Ning=dan
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#104SpazH3dPosted 5/18/2014 3:34:07 AM
Honestly, I just want a natural and logical continuation of the story from the previous games. Fallout 3 felt like fanfiction. Like a side story that is not to be considered canon.

But sure, let's set Fallout in egypt or sweden with COD gameplay, if you must. I don't care at this point.
---
- My vision is augmented
#105SlaynPosted 5/18/2014 3:41:51 AM
I feel like someone on the internet once said "Obsidian has good writing" and then it just stuck... because I really don't feel like it has much better writing than FO3. I really just didn't like NV as much as FO3.

Alpha Protocol on the other hand... amazing.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#106Tyranius2Posted 5/18/2014 6:37:14 AM
FPS games rely on RNG rolls to determine whether they hit too.

No they don't. Nearly every FPS uses hitscan, there are no rolls at all. The only one that comes to mind which uses rolls is the godlike master race game STALKER which no other FPS could match.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#107ShadowThaReaperPosted 5/18/2014 7:39:30 AM
Slayn posted...
I really don't feel like it has much better writing than FO3.

You're wrong. Your feelings don't determine facts.

Reals > feels
#108EasysicksPosted 5/18/2014 8:25:48 AM
Ningishzida posted...

But you never find the need to mod the UI, the game mechanics and level scaling? I think you're on the wrong board too.

Forgive the belated reply, just saw this now. To answer your question, oh god no. I've extensively modded all my Fallout and Elder Scrolls games in the name of playability, too. To keep my post from turning into a wall of text I thought I'd focus on the aspect of the game I've recently gotten into tinkering around with.

As you've rightly noticed, I do play the Vita a lot at the moment. As I do on the PC, the 3DS and yes, even on iOS and Android at times. I go where the games I feel like playing are, some are shoddy, some aren't. All of them have brought me fun though, and that's what matters in the end.
---
I was having a great day. Then I discovered Zero Escape 3 was put on hold. There were no more great days.
#109chandl34Posted 5/18/2014 9:16:34 AM
What do I want to see from Fallout 4? Wasteland 2.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#110Orestes417Posted 5/18/2014 9:23:46 AM(edited)
Tyranius2 posted...
FPS games rely on RNG rolls to determine whether they hit too.

No they don't. Nearly every FPS uses hitscan, there are no rolls at all. The only one that comes to mind which uses rolls is the godlike master race game STALKER which no other FPS could match.

Battlefield and ARMA would like a word with you behind the toolshed over there and no, that's not a lead pipe Red Orchestra is holding.

---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together