This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you want to see from Fallout 4?

#111MuhammadJAPosted 5/18/2014 10:30:41 AM
I want anything but decent over the top graphics. I want to be able to play it on my laptop.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#112luigi33Posted 5/18/2014 11:09:29 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Obsidian

---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 760]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#113ElementalWindPosted 5/18/2014 11:11:03 AM
If they do actually go with the Commonwealth/Institute setting from old rumors, it would be neat to have an actual-size Boston area.

Having played through Fallout 3 with a focus on hitting things from as far away as possible, I don't really get what this "can't hit anything outside of VATS" business is about. All I can suggest is putting some points into Small Guns and using a weapon appropriate for your encounter distance.
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
#114ZombieAkanePosted 5/18/2014 11:22:19 AM
A better combat system.
---
[b]Should have named it the Xbox 720p, because when you see the pixels you turn 720 degrees and burn to death as you walk away.[/b]
#115NingishzidaPosted 5/18/2014 4:58:29 PM(edited)
Slayn posted...
I feel like someone on the internet once said "Obsidian has good writing" and then it just stuck...

No, that's not what happened, at all. This is what happened:

A guy named Avellone was working for Black Isle on Fallout 2, where he learnt alot about how to make good characters and quests for RPGs.

He then wrote for Planescape: Torment, widely regarded by those who aren't ignorant fools as having one of the best stories in gaming.

He is now at Obsidian, along with the guy who invented Fallout and Arcanum and made Vampire Bloodlines (Cain) and several others guys who were writers and designers in Icewind Dale 2 (JE Sawyer), Mask of the Betrayer and KotOR 2.

All these games are well-known for having excellent writing.

THIS is why Obsidian are regarded as good writers, NOT because some random guy on the internet said they are, and everyone then parroted it around, as you falsely believe.
#116MarceloSampaioPosted 5/18/2014 5:00:12 PM
Not made by Obsidian.
---
Difference between 30 and 60 FPS. If you can't notice it, you need new eyes.
http://30vs60fps.com/
#117chandl34Posted 5/19/2014 10:13:47 AM(edited)
Slayn posted...
I feel like someone on the internet once said "Obsidian has good writing" and then it just stuck... because I really don't feel like it has much better writing than FO3. I really just didn't like NV as much as FO3.

Alpha Protocol on the other hand... amazing.

Except that Obsidian more or less wrote Fallout 1&2: those games that Fallout 3 is based off of (and the canon that it barely contributed to). If you haven't played Fallout 1&2, you really can't say what parts of Fallout 3 are Black Isle/Interplay (old Obsidian), and what parts are Bethesda.
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#118NingishzidaPosted 5/19/2014 4:26:32 PM
chandl34 posted...
Except that Obsidian more or less wrote Fallout 1&2: those games that Fallout 3 is based off of (and the canon that it barely contributed to). If you haven't played Fallout 1&2, you really can't say what parts of Fallout 3 are Black Isle/Interplay (old Obsidian), and what parts are Bethesda.

I haven't looked into this too deeply, but I'm pretty sure that, other than Tim Cain, no other dev of importance who worked on the original Fallout, is now at Obsidian. I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure L.B is now at Blizzard and the guy that invented SPECIAL, whose name escapes me (Anderson?), isn't at Obsidian, either, he's at inXile.

Fallout 2 is a different story, as I said earlier, you got Avellone there who basically designed New Reno, one of the best areas in the game, even if it does violate the lore somewhat. And maybe a couple others, Cain, L.B and Anderson left Interplay after setting the groundwork down for Fallout 2, founding Troika instead, and so the new crew took over Fallout 2 to finish it off (one of the reasons Fallout 2 lacks the perfect feel of the first game).

As for discerning what's inherited from Interplay/Black Isle and what's Bethesderian schlock, well, that's sort of depressing, knowing that the gen that started with Fallout 3 will probably, in most cases, falsely attribute many great ideas to an unimaginative, untalented company (Bethesda) that wouldn't have a hope in hell of originating them, in their wildest dreams.

In fact, I can safely say that Bethesda didn't do a damn thing to add to the franchise, and instead defiled the lore and Oblivionized it for the masses. It would have been better if it died, or went into cryostasis for 20 years (like Wasteland), to be resurrected/resuscitated when the true devs finally got their finances in order, down the track.

But since that didn't happen, there's not much we can do. Except get ready to ridicule their next abomination.
#119BigAl519Posted 5/19/2014 4:34:52 PM
Bethesda Game Studios for sure. Fallout 3, Oblivion and Skyrim are way better done than the borefest of NV.
---
Everyone run for cover! The durpocalypse has begun!
#120Tyranius2Posted 5/19/2014 4:36:27 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
FPS games rely on RNG rolls to determine whether they hit too.

No they don't. Nearly every FPS uses hitscan, there are no rolls at all. The only one that comes to mind which uses rolls is the godlike master race game STALKER which no other FPS could match.

Battlefield and ARMA would like a word with you behind the toolshed over there and no, that's not a lead pipe Red Orchestra is holding.

Nearly every

Keep talking and state 997 more FPS titles that don't use hitscan so you get your point across.

jk jk don't get mad, but yeah, what I'm saying is that FPSes don't normally use rolls, they hit where you point. I'm not talking about bullet physics I'm talking about actual rolls.
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius