This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does nobody finish their f***ing games before trying to sell them anymore?

#1BendoHendoPosted 5/17/2014 9:04:13 PM
Just once id love to read about the awesome new rpg game that is actually released and not some December 2015 release kickstarter or some half baked early access demo
#2BeknessPosted 5/17/2014 9:06:28 PM
Yeah. The early access stuff really floods the steam front page. Kinda sucks. I don't like waiting years for games, even when they're high tier budget, I hate waiting around and getting my hopes up. Never know which games are gonna suck.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes and I Now playing - Titan Quest & Metal Slug 3
#3Garage_ManPosted 5/17/2014 9:14:23 PM
That is why I don't really use steam to much anymore. A year or two I would talk all about steam and how amazing it is... Since the indie crazy and early access...What is the point.

The PC gets like 10 good multiplats a year and who knows how terrible the port job is. It has indies crawling all over it. (some are good but honest, most are bad) Honestly what I thought PC gaming stood for isn't the same anymore. Most people I know run mid-teir hardware that's like 20% better than a console..WOW BIG DEAL THAT IS lol.

TLDR: I complained like a child. If you read all that..I feel sorry for you. Some of my points are kinda right though.
#4Kad-ManPosted 5/17/2014 9:16:23 PM
Ill take early access games over AAA rehash crap year after year any day.
#5ClouddxPosted 5/17/2014 9:16:29 PM
Garage_Man posted...
That is why I don't really use steam to much anymore. A year or two I would talk all about steam and how amazing it is... Since the indie crazy and early access...What is the point.

TLDR: I complained like a child. If you read all that..I feel sorry for you. Some of my points are kinda right though.

How does Early Access effect you from using Steam at all? You can sort games anyway you like on Steam and they're not forcing you into buying any Early Access games.

PC gaming stands for freedom to do what you want, and yes you do rant like a child.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 5/17/2014 9:18:28 PM
I don't fund early access and kickstarter projects. God knows I'm tired of seeing the features list of a game being dictated by how many people pledge money. Moreover, Kickstarter has become a graveyard of "me too!" clone games and attempts to sell mediocrity to you based on your nostalgia for something they had no hand in making from fifteen years ago.

I'm very interested in the new Divinity, but I'm not going to give them early access money.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#7Garage_ManPosted 5/17/2014 9:52:28 PM
Clouddx posted...

How does Early Access effect you from using Steam at all? You can sort games anyway you like on Steam and they're not forcing you into buying any Early Access games.

PC gaming stands for freedom to do what you want, and yes you do rant like a child.

Not gonna lie I had like 5 giant paragraphs wrote to respond to this, I've seen you post and you seem cool so I would rather I keep it that way...

I just have problems every single time I game..steam updating, drivers crashing, skype messing up and steam not connecting and honestly that is the beginning. Freedom at the cost of time isn't exactly something I'd call good. Why doesn't steam have HD bitrate party chat?

Almost every single time I log into steam all I see up front and center is indies, bad AAA and early access and then the shovelware...omg the shovelware lol.

If it wasn't for watching things like Tech Syndicate I'd have never known about gems such as System Shock 2..IMO better than half life. Why isn't that up front, all the little gems. Nope, dayz and some 8 bit platformer.

I just think steam is incredibly powerful and they are using it less than perfect. Not saying to get rid of the other stuff but freaking chill out on it. It went from a few here and there to 75% of everything.
#8shamfuruPosted 5/17/2014 9:57:28 PM
I believe the answer you are looking for is "no."
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#9FaPaThYPosted 5/17/2014 10:18:42 PM(edited)
BendoHendo posted...
Just once id love to read about the awesome new rpg game that is actually released and not some December 2015 release kickstarter or some half baked early access demo

Seeing as the only reason that 'awesome RPG' or whatever even exists in the first place is thanks to crowd funding, and they need to be able to pay their bills during development, you should probably just suck it up and deal with it.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#10Bellum_SacrumPosted 5/17/2014 10:12:27 PM
You're buying them, it's your fault.
Same goes for DLC, DRM, pre-order shenanigans and whatnot.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."