This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To anyone knowledgeable in computer specs please help

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/18/2014 11:05:51 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
romsnbombs posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
That PC should definitely outperform the PS4 version.

It doesn't matter though, people will just enable 4xSSAA (or whatever they throw at the graphics options) then moan and hail the game as unoptimized because isn't running at 60 fps, when the PS4 version is running between 20-30 fps at a scaled resolution with no anti aliasing

But it isn't really a smart move to include options that won't be usable until a few years from now. That's where all the BS regarding 2000 USD PCs being required for max settings stem from.

I think it's nice to have those options, for the sake of future scalability. I do think that more should be done to dissuade your average noob from using them, though. Maybe hide them away in a discouragingly labeled menu, or leave it in the .ini.
I do think it's rather silly that some games default to using SSAA on higher settings, even over using less demanding effects sometimes.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#22romsnbombsPosted 5/18/2014 11:10:25 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
But it isn't really a smart move to include options that won't be usable until a few years from now. That's where all the BS regarding 2000 USD PCs being required for max settings stem from.

Indeed, I agree.

Didn't stop them from including SSAA with max payne 3, tomb raider and last light. A lot of people turn up here acting pissed they can't run the game at high frame rates with that. And other will act like you're some kind of peasant if you don't enable it, as if it was the way the game was meant to be played, just because the devs decided to throw it in the graphics options
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB | VG248QE G-Sync
#23Vindication123Posted 5/18/2014 11:36:29 AM
You only need a minimum of 6gs RAM. I wonder why they need so much.
---
A turtle crossed the road and got mugged by two snails. As police arrive, they ask it what happened. The turtle replies, I dont know. It all happened so fast.
#24MaxCHEATER64Posted 5/18/2014 3:40:29 PM
If you design a game to not take advantage of current super high end technology, then ten years from now it'll still look like it's being played on a mid end build from 2014. If you include the really high end stuff, then future builds (like 5+ years from know) will be able to make the game look really nice.
Take, for example, SWBFII. Game came out in 2005, but supported 1920x1080 and up to 4xMSAA. Could builds of the time handle that? Probably not. But now that's trivial and it makes the game look pretty damn good for a game that's nine years old.

---
https://i.imgur.com/Etcc2sS.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#25Vindication123Posted 5/19/2014 11:22:24 AM
They design PC games for what technology is currently available, that has documentation. Not something that'll be out in a couple years with no knowledge on the technical details.
---
A turtle crossed the road and got mugged by two snails. As police arrive, they ask it what happened. The turtle replies, I dont know. It all happened so fast.
#26MaxCHEATER64Posted 5/19/2014 11:54:39 AM
Vindication123 posted...
They design PC games for what technology is currently available, that has documentation. Not something that'll be out in a couple years with no knowledge on the technical details.

I'm not saying we should design games for quantum computers. If a $3000 computer can do it now, a $900 will be able to do it in five years, and a $300 will be able to do it in fifteen. Just because a $900 can't do it now doesn't mean those options shouldn't be available for computers later.
---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003