This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition won't even launch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition won't even launch

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
2 years ago#11
What's strange is it isn't prompting me to input the key that it says it will need.
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)

TheBorderCollie
2 years ago#12
Figured it out. I had to try installing from a different source on the Microsoft website. Looks like their new links didn't propagate throughout the entire site.
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)

User Info: revolver

revolver
2 years ago#13
I recently helped a friend get through that gfwl bs to get the game running and able to connect online. Such a headache but it's worth it!

Make sure you enable save backups through dsfix.
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II

TheBorderCollie
2 years ago#14
revolver posted...
I recently helped a friend get through that gfwl bs to get the game running and able to connect online. Such a headache but it's worth it!

Make sure you enable save backups through dsfix.

I did...I relaunched the game after I made the tweak to make sure it works..and it does!

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 years ago#15
It's killing you before you can even get to the title screen.

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
2 years ago#16
It's GFWL that was f***ing up, not Dark Souls or DSFix.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg

TheBorderCollie
2 years ago#17
AlleRacing posted...
It's GFWL that was f***ing up, not Dark Souls or DSFix.

Yeah...I think the game was programmed to first hit the GFWL servers for inputting a key for activation. And when GFWL wasn't launching correctly, it caused everything else to error out.

User Info: TheC0ndemnedOne

TheC0ndemnedOne
2 years ago#18
Can you link the correct GFWL fix please? It used to work on my friend's computer but i came over to his house a while after we first set it up and it doesn't work now, we've tried everything.
Steam: Sydite

TheBorderCollie
2 years ago#19
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Can you link the correct GFWL fix please? It used to work on my friend's computer but i came over to his house a while after we first set it up and it doesn't work now, we've tried everything.

Not sure if you are still having problems...but if you are, the version I used was in the "Best Solution" post at this forum: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/4241-73-gfwl-working-windows

Uninstall any previous versions, then try that link they provide. That was the one that finally worked for me.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition won't even launch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived