This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition won't even launch

#11TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 10:24:14 AM
What's strange is it isn't prompting me to input the key that it says it will need.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#12TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 11:12:10 AM
Figured it out. I had to try installing from a different source on the Microsoft website. Looks like their new links didn't propagate throughout the entire site.
---
# of trolling Inbox messages deleted - without reading them - and users reported / banned: 11 :)
#13revolverPosted 5/18/2014 11:16:11 AM
I recently helped a friend get through that gfwl bs to get the game running and able to connect online. Such a headache but it's worth it!

Make sure you enable save backups through dsfix.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#14TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 11:24:16 AM
revolver posted...
I recently helped a friend get through that gfwl bs to get the game running and able to connect online. Such a headache but it's worth it!

Make sure you enable save backups through dsfix.

I did...I relaunched the game after I made the tweak to make sure it works..and it does!
---
#15kobalobasileusPosted 5/18/2014 11:26:17 AM
It's killing you before you can even get to the title screen.
#16AlleRacingPosted 5/18/2014 12:06:22 PM
It's GFWL that was f***ing up, not Dark Souls or DSFix.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#17TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 12:43:00 PM
AlleRacing posted...
It's GFWL that was f***ing up, not Dark Souls or DSFix.

Yeah...I think the game was programmed to first hit the GFWL servers for inputting a key for activation. And when GFWL wasn't launching correctly, it caused everything else to error out.
---
#18TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 5/18/2014 12:50:25 PM
Can you link the correct GFWL fix please? It used to work on my friend's computer but i came over to his house a while after we first set it up and it doesn't work now, we've tried everything.
---
Steam: Sydite
#19TheBorderCollie(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 4:14:26 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Can you link the correct GFWL fix please? It used to work on my friend's computer but i came over to his house a while after we first set it up and it doesn't work now, we've tried everything.

Not sure if you are still having problems...but if you are, the version I used was in the "Best Solution" post at this forum: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/4241-73-gfwl-working-windows

Uninstall any previous versions, then try that link they provide. That was the one that finally worked for me.
---