This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help me find an old DOS game from my childhood.

#1AccrovideogamesPosted 5/18/2014 9:54:11 AM
I already made a topic about this but it was never resolved. Since I can't find the archived topic, I'll start all over again. However, I do have something new to add that will further help people identiyfing the game I'm looking for.

I'll start by saying that what I'm looking for is NOT: http://www.antanasijevic.com/ants.html
Half the posts I got were about that game or a clone, which was annoying and completely off the point (they just didn't read my post and stopped at the words "ant" and "card").

What's new from last time is that I found the name of the compilation in which you can find the game I'm looking for: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=24910&tab=sysreqs
However, I still haven't found the disc. If someone happens to own that compilation, it'll really help me.

I'm now going to describe the game. Bear in mind however that my memory may be mixing up a few things. It's basically a card game where both opponents each play one card against each other. The only playable cards are the jack, the queen, the king and the ace. When the cards are played, two-legged red ants dressed up as jacks, queens, kings and mounted knights (aces) walk towards each other, meet in the middle, fight and the victor continues moving forward. The king trumps the queen, the queen trumps the jack, the jack trumps the knight and the knight trumps both the king and queen. When two identical cards are played, the two ants kill each other and neither opponent gains a point. The game has a lot of marching, cling and thump sounds for the ants walking, striking and falling.

I hope that someones knows what I'm talking about.
---
I'm French speaking.
24, Male, Quebec
#2Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 7:00:39 AM
Bump.
---
I'm French speaking.
24, Male, Quebec
#3Gawl9427Posted 5/19/2014 8:33:31 AM
Well, I couldn't find anything, but I wanted to let you know that I at least tried :(
---
AMD Athlon X4 635 @ 3.26 GHz | 8GB DDR2 | GTX 460 768mb | Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P |
Steam: ketherx | Gamertag: Kether
#4Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2014 3:42:27 PM
Gawl9427 posted...
Well, I couldn't find anything, but I wanted to let you know that I at least tried :(

Thanks for trying. I'm starting to think that only someone who owns "100 Amazing Kids Games" will be able to help. I can just hope that someone like this will stumble upon my topic. I'm kind of baffled by the lack of a DOS board on GameFAQs. I think they should have these boards:

PC - Tech Support
PC - Hardware
Mac
Linux
Windows
DOS
Unix

As for cheap operating systems like Ubuntu, they can go eat... grass. As for the current PC board, they can just make it into the Windows one. The first two boards on the list would be the only non gaming ones.
---
I'm French speaking.
24, Male, Quebec
#5Rolen47Posted 5/19/2014 4:13:13 PM
Only thing I found was a random post of some guy who might have been looking for the same game:
http://archive.foolz.us/vr/thread/1057274/#1078665

Unfortunately no one answered him. He thinks "Empire II" might have been in the title, but it may not even be the same game. I tried googling a little bit more with empire keywords but came up empty.
#6ChetyrePosted 5/19/2014 5:21:10 PM
TC, I have emailed the company mentioned as the developer/producer of the collection (Microforum). I don't really expect an answer, but I'll let you know, ok?

Meanwhile, Gamefaqs has a page on Microforum, including games that were published. There aren't many of them, so it is possible they didn't develop the one you are looking for. However, the anon in the link Rolen posted mentioned something about "Empire II", and Microforum did develop a game called "Game Empire II".
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/1040.html
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#7Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2014 7:24:07 AM
Wow, thanks guys, I think I might finally reach my goal!

At first, Empire II made no sense but when I checked Game Empire II on GameFAQs, it looked like a compilation like 100 Amazing Kids Games so it's possible that some games are available in both. Bear in mind that both compilations are a collection of shareware games made by various developers not affiliated to Microforum. Some of them are full games while some others are demos with an ad to buy the full game. What Microforum did was simply compiling them and making an intuitive interface that makes games easy to find.
---
I'm French speaking.
24, Male, Quebec
#8ChetyrePosted 5/20/2014 9:02:14 AM
Unfortunately Microforum wasn't able to help. Their game company closed down in 2001. I hope this has been helpful.
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#9JKatarnPosted 5/20/2014 10:26:26 AM
Accrovideogames posted...
Gawl9427 posted...

Thanks for trying. I'm starting to think that only someone who owns "100 Amazing Kids Games" will be able to help. I can just hope that someone like this will stumble upon my topic. I'm kind of baffled by the lack of a DOS board on GameFAQs. I think they should have these boards:

PC - Tech Support
PC - Hardware
Mac
Linux
Windows
DOS
Unix

As for cheap operating systems like Ubuntu, they can go eat... grass. As for the current PC board, they can just make it into the Windows one. The first two boards on the list would be the only non gaming ones.

There were a metric TON of those compilation discs put out during the 90's, and more small shareware producers (many of them one or two people that only put out a handful of titles) than I can count, so it's going to be difficult to find a single old title amongst the thousands. Good luck.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#10JKatarnPosted 5/20/2014 10:28:39 AM
Chetyre posted...
TC, I have emailed the company mentioned as the developer/producer of the collection (Microforum). I don't really expect an answer, but I'll let you know, ok?

Meanwhile, Gamefaqs has a page on Microforum, including games that were published. There aren't many of them, so it is possible they didn't develop the one you are looking for. However, the anon in the link Rolen posted mentioned something about "Empire II", and Microforum did develop a game called "Game Empire II".
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/1040.html

Yeah, I believe I remember Microforum being one of the companies that put out those "300+ GAMES!" discs back in the day, I'd be surprised if they were involved in the development of any of the games on those discs.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES