This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite old school Rpgs.

#1CudlecakesPosted 5/18/2014 7:54:17 PM
Ok, so over the summer break I decided to play some of the older games of my favorite genre, Rpgs. I recently bought Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and the Ultimate Ultima collection. Is there any others you would suggest? I was thinking about maybe the first Fallouts or something.
#2Milk_CorePosted 5/18/2014 7:57:41 PM
That's already an amazing time consuming lot you have there. Fallout 1 and 2 wouldn't hurt if you've never played them. I recommend then personally.
#3Incendia_IntusPosted 5/18/2014 8:06:33 PM
Icewind Dale
Planescape Torment
Arcanum; Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura
Deus Ex
Wasteland
---
All childish acts of aggression, shall be handled with laughter.
#4Cudlecakes(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 8:12:07 PM
Yeah, I have a lot of time to kill :) Can you get those on GOG or Steam?
---
Current 3DS Library; KI: Uprising, FE:Awakening, Bravely Default, SMT 4, LM: Dark Moon, LoZ:LBW, EO 4, PM:SS, and Pokemon X.
#5Zohar_MetatronPosted 5/18/2014 8:23:02 PM
The earlier Fallouts got pulled off of GOG because they don't have a distribution deal with Bethesda (yet), who got the distribution rights to them recently. They're still on Steam, though. GOG's got everything else listed here.

You might consider Spiderweb Software's library. They're not for everyone, because no matter how much you might not care about graphics, the games are hella ugly. There are demos available on their site, however, and I've seen Avadon go on sale nearly as often as I've seen Magicka go on sale.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#6PokenubPosted 5/18/2014 8:59:56 PM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
The earlier Fallouts got pulled off of GOG because they don't have a distribution deal with Bethesda (yet), who got the distribution rights to them recently. They're still on Steam, though. GOG's got everything else listed here.

You might consider Spiderweb Software's library. They're not for everyone, because no matter how much you might not care about graphics, the games are hella ugly. There are demos available on their site, however, and I've seen Avadon go on sale nearly as often as I've seen Magicka go on sale.

You can't buy FO 1/2 on steam either, no one has rights to distribute them at the moment,
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#7Zohar_MetatronPosted 5/18/2014 9:06:44 PM
....Huh. Alright, never mind then.

In that case there's still disc compilations on Amazon for relatively cheap.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#8pushoPosted 5/18/2014 9:08:04 PM
Diablo 1 and Dungeon siege 1 are quite good, diablo 1 hasnt aged well but if you're used to old school rpgs you shoulndt have problems
---
FC: 3539-9446-1640
PSN: Forterus
#9ChudsworthPosted 5/18/2014 9:20:38 PM
Might and magic 6 & 7 they are the best in the series.. both are on gog too.. i think 6 also comes with 1-5.

They are some of my all time favourite RPGs
#10Cudlecakes(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2014 11:56:09 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the answers! I'll check them out.
---
Current 3DS Library; KI: Uprising, FE:Awakening, Bravely Default, SMT 4, LM: Dark Moon, LoZ:LBW, EO 4, PM:SS, and Pokemon X.