This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since Final Fantasy III is coming out on Steam soon...

#41codyorrPosted 5/24/2014 12:26:56 PM
Apparently COD is the best fish there is. I don't live near the ocean so I've never had it.
#42Garage_ManPosted 5/24/2014 12:47:24 PM
Ha no. Got it on my vita. Hard to think about using something else. Pick up and go is where it's at..

HOWEVER if they released FFIX with the normal backgrounds I'd pay $100 right NOW for it.
#43FroakiePosted 5/24/2014 1:00:07 PM
__Blight__ posted...
Slash-Lo posted...
__Blight__ posted...
FF3 is awful. Probably the worst Final Fantasy.

Ever played 13?

I have played all of them. I stand by my statement.

I agree. Well, I have the DS version and I think it's a terrible mess of a game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EPGPNKk.jpg
wufei8706
#44Slash-Lo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 1:02:54 PM
Froakie posted...
__Blight__ posted...
Slash-Lo posted...
__Blight__ posted...
FF3 is awful. Probably the worst Final Fantasy.

Ever played 13?

I have played all of them. I stand by my statement.

I agree. Well, I have the DS version and I think it's a terrible mess of a game.

How exactly is FFIII the worst? Could someone explain?
---
I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons!
-Cave Johnson, Portal 2
#45TheWhoFanPosted 5/24/2014 1:15:04 PM(edited)
I never got to finish FF IV on DS. It didn't grab me as much as say, FF V or VI, but I'd give it a try if I could play it on PC.

Slash-Lo posted...

Everything it has, it's been done better. The story is, basically, a carbon copy of the plot of FF I, with some minor "enhancements" (your characters have a pre-defined name, for example). The job system is archaic, especially in comparison to FF V. There are no save points mid-dungeons (meaning you can spend 3 hours in the last dungeon, die fighting the final boss and you'll have to restart everything again from your last save outside the dungeon). The magic system is broken, because you can only cast a set number of spells per category (for example, you have 10 Cures, 5 Curas and 1 Curaga). Etc. It's just mediocre all around.

I really wonder why Square decided to backtrack so much after Final Fantasy II, which was very different from the first one. I guess the backlash was too much.
---
I would rather cut my two feet off than play on a Vita or a console. #PCMR.
(Nintendo hardware is OK, though.)
#46matrix0523Posted 5/24/2014 1:18:01 PM
Slash-Lo posted...
I'd definitely buy it for sure, even though I have the DS version of FFIV.
Update: Really? Some people actually voted the 4th option? Troll harder next time.

What the hell do you expect when you add a stupid option like that to begin with?
#47Slash-Lo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 1:29:10 PM
TheWhoFan posted...
I never got to finish FF IV on DS. It didn't grab me as much as say, FF V or VI, but I'd give it a try if I could play it on PC.

Slash-Lo posted...

Everything it has, it's been done better. The story is, basically, a carbon copy of the plot of FF I, with some minor "enhancements" (your characters have a pre-defined name, for example). The job system is archaic, especially in comparison to FF V. There are no save points mid-dungeons (meaning you can spend 3 hours in the last dungeon, die fighting the final boss and you'll have to restart everything again from your last save outside the dungeon). The magic system is broken, because you can only cast a set number of spells per category (for example, you have 10 Cures, 5 Curas and 1 Curaga). Etc. It's just mediocre all around.

I really wonder why Square decided to backtrack so much after Final Fantasy II, which was very different from the first one. I guess the backlash was too much.

Ah, that's sad to hear. I was going to pick up FFIII sometime, but now that I know that, I probably won't get it, unless it goes on sale for 75% off or more. Thanks for the info.
---
I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons!
-Cave Johnson, Portal 2
#48Jprime666Posted 5/24/2014 1:35:32 PM
TheWhoFan posted...

Slash-Lo posted...

I know the guy this quote is directed at has already read it, but this is spot on. Everything about ff3 is archaic, and outclassed by everything that came after. Aside from visuals ff4 and onward still hold up pretty well, but 1-3 all feel very outdated in every way. Worth playing only if you wanted to see the series early days.
---
Fragrance of Dark Coffee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k
#49xanthan1Posted 5/24/2014 1:42:02 PM
TheWhoFan posted...

Slash-Lo posted...

Please note some issues, like the limited number of spells, where made WORSE in the remake.
#50Half-GhostPosted 5/24/2014 2:34:40 PM
TheWhoFan posted...

Slash-Lo posted...

Yeah. I didn't find the game too hard, but I did end up dying and that costed me a lot of time. It was REALLY frustrating having to redo so much.