This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need a wifi card / adaptor

#11LordSeiferPosted 5/24/2014 12:40:39 AM(edited)
I didnt say it wouldnt work, I just said its not the best idea

and plugging in a usb adapter and installing drivers for it is somehow easier than plugging in an ethernet cable and NOT installing drivers?

how is he supposed to route the signal from the tp link usb stick easily?

I don't think you actually read my post,you just dismissed it because you thought you were smarter.
wireless networking is my job so im fully aware of what these are and are not capable of doing.

you are right, your stuff wasnt very expensive. 83 dollars.
but, 83 dollars compared to my suggestion was 49 dollars, and my suggestion is better, so in that regard its too expensive.
---
^ this
#12EpicKingdom_Posted 5/24/2014 12:49:19 AM(edited)
He said he had a desktop, not a laptop, why would he want to move that around? (Regarding post #7 and mobility) Even if he wanted to, he could easily move his desktop around with the right amount of cable length. I have no idea what you're trying to ask in your last post. (All you do is plug it in) I honestly don't care though, it was just a suggestion and far from a terrible one at that. TC can do what he pleases through trial & error.

---
http://i.imgur.com/aRtv4fD.png
#13LordSeiferPosted 5/24/2014 12:47:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14LordSeiferPosted 5/24/2014 12:51:31 AM(edited)
EpicKingdom_ posted...
He said he had a desktop, not a laptop, why would he want to move that around?

yes. he has a desktop. he also has a laptop.

the laptop im on right now (elitebook 8460p) picks up the wifi just barely decent when im sitting at the closest corner of my house.

cant move it around very much with a 25 foot cable.

now if only your solution used ethernet it would be easy to run cable long distances cheaply
---
^ this
#15EpicKingdom_Posted 5/24/2014 12:53:12 AM(edited)
LordSeifer posted...
cant move it around very much with a 25 foot cable.

now if only your solution used ethernet it would be easy to run cable long distances cheaply

You can purchase up to 40ft or probably find better in my link. Just feed it through your window and mount it on the house. Stop trying to argue damn lol. Go buy a simple adapter with a 4dbi omnidirectional antenna if that's what you really want.

@Post #14, you said he also has a laptop, then just plug this setup into a repeater.

---
#16LordSeiferPosted 5/24/2014 12:56:06 AM(edited)
im not buying anything, TC is buying it.

and nowhere in this topic did anyone suggest a weak omnidirectional antenna
(but since the signal is literally across the street that would probably still work)

(you are bad at paying attention to what is being written.)

I only started arguing because you were giving bad suggestions and then being a dick about it.

You can all thank me (for my bad suggestions)
and partly cause im bored,
---
^ this
#17EpicKingdom_Posted 5/24/2014 1:50:26 AM(edited)
I did not say you were buying anything damn stfu, I was just saying IF* this then just do that.

Also, btw, I like how you jumped on your alt account BannedMom to flame my suggestion more, look at the post time for both yours and BannedMom's original posting. In addition to being a New User.

---
#18LordSeiferPosted 5/24/2014 1:03:01 AM(edited)
this would be solved faster if you just admit my solution is better and left.

if for some reason he needs higher gain, which he does not, he could jump to the nanobridge rather than the nanostation, which still runs on the same idea
(ie, POE, doesn't look like an ugly ass grill, doesnt require stupid expensive cable or weird usb repeaters or drivers)
---
^ this
#19EpicKingdom_Posted 5/24/2014 1:09:25 AM
Are you done yet? You're making this more complicated than it really is. Like I said, go big or go small, up to TC.

Also, I never said your solution was better or worst. I simply laid mine out on the table and you went full ignorant on me. All your arguments against me have been preference based btw. "Oh it's an ugly grid, oh how will he move is desktop?" etc.
---
#20LordSeiferPosted 5/24/2014 1:15:09 AM(edited)
nope its objectively better

if you consider an argument like, your setup costs significantly more money, to be 'preference' well then.. i may have to revoke your debate card.
---
^ this