This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Tablets worth it?

#31Mr kittyPosted 5/24/2014 8:48:31 PM
A tablet is much better if you want to watch video or use some random public wifi. I have a Nexus 7 FHD 32GB along with an OTG cable so I can plug a gamepad, keyboard or mouse. It's light year faster to boot a tablet than a laptop due to the os being more simplified for normal PC usage such as internet, creating docs & printing.

Laptop is more useful for specialized(wouldn't say office since it can be done with a tablet) job which you can chain lock it with the desk so you can unpack the rest of your USB accessories. It's size is an annoyance that it's less likely to be stolen. Stock with a mechanical hard drive it's ridiculously slow & painful to use along being not Full HD.

At 1500$+ it's better to get a gaming desktop rather than being stuck with similar performance of a tablet that cost less than 250$..
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|11TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
#32shamfuruPosted 5/24/2014 9:23:14 PM
Mr kitty posted...
A tablet is much better if you want to watch video or use some random public wifi. I have a Nexus 7 FHD 32GB along with an OTG cable so I can plug a gamepad, keyboard or mouse. It's light year faster to boot a tablet than a laptop due to the os being more simplified for normal PC usage such as internet, creating docs & printing.

Laptop is more useful for specialized(wouldn't say office since it can be done with a tablet) job which you can chain lock it with the desk so you can unpack the rest of your USB accessories. It's size is an annoyance that it's less likely to be stolen. Stock with a mechanical hard drive it's ridiculously slow & painful to use along being not Full HD.

At 1500$+ it's better to get a gaming desktop rather than being stuck with similar performance of a tablet that cost less than 250$..

What the hell kind of paint have you been smoking?

There is hating laptops out of just general, immovable prejudice but then there is just saying things that are actively stupid and purposely misleading.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#33Virtue777Posted 5/24/2014 9:54:23 PM
Bought an iPad 2 a year ago. Love it, but it's basically a pr0n machine.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382