This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Sleeping Dogs?

#11jake-sfPosted 5/24/2014 1:20:32 PM
The only thing I really end up enjoying in those games is the immersion and story. I actually enjoyed playing as a good guy for once in a game like this, and I just enjoyed going through the game that way.

If its only the sandbox aspect you like however, I'd pick something else.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#12SteamsterPosted 5/24/2014 1:36:52 PM
Yes, it's absolutely worth it.
#13Chetyre(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 1:37:35 PM
I'll get it if amazon gives steam keys. You guys convinced me.
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#14SteamsterPosted 5/24/2014 1:45:19 PM
Chetyre posted...
I'll get it if amazon gives steam keys. You guys convinced me.

Celebrate your purchase by watching this live action trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNQi5S2GOSA
#15Dark_SpiretPosted 5/24/2014 1:48:41 PM
its a good game in pretty much everything tho its story could still use some work and the world doesnt feel as interactive as other games. fun driving, fun combat, nice characters, decent amount things to do and a solid length. if you like pretty much any type of open world games then youll most likely enjoy this one.
---
Currently playing: Wolfenstein TNO - Transistor - Dishonored
#16akuma634Posted 5/24/2014 1:52:13 PM
It was awesome. It's got the best hand to hand combat I've seen in a sandbox game. It feels like Arkham City, but a little more tricky. There's awesome driving, I don't care much for racing in sandbox games, but I actually wanted to do the races in Sleeping Dogs. The way you can hijack cars by jumping out of your car onto the one in front of you never gets old. It also has better free running than Assassin's Creed. The only flaw for me was the gun mechanics, I didn't care too much for the shoot outs, and you don't really keep guns around, usually you pick up a gun and when it's empty, you discard it. That could have been done a lot better.

I'd say to wait for another big sale and get the complete version with all the DLC at one low price. There's some cool DLC, all very optional, but it's cool when you can have costumes that give you new fighting styles like Muay Thai kickboxing, MMA, Wing Chun, and so on.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
#17BigB0ss13Posted 5/24/2014 1:53:01 PM
Every GTA-like game needs to model itself after Sleeping Dogs. It is that good. I hope there is a sequel to it with the bad ass main character coming back.
#18badboyPosted 5/24/2014 1:55:50 PM
A great game.
#19KidInTheHallPosted 5/24/2014 2:07:33 PM
Great game. Really surprised me.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#20CourtofOwlsPosted 5/24/2014 2:10:44 PM
steam says i played for 72 hours,don't think i need to say more than that gameplay wise
it also looks fantastic with the hd texture pack
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!