This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will DOTA 2 ever get as popular--or more popular--than League of Legends?

#1SlickRick73Posted 5/24/2014 4:17:55 PM
What do you think?
#2YewolifePosted 5/24/2014 4:25:47 PM
I heavily doubt it. Especially with the growing number of moba like games, I just don't see a point where dota 2 will outgrow Lol longer hold on the market. Also the niche of dota being more 'hardcore' than Lol's more casual experience makes it less likely to garner more players.
#3shamfuruPosted 5/24/2014 4:26:53 PM
Net
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#4JhayCeePosted 5/24/2014 4:28:58 PM
Yewolife posted...
I heavily doubt it. Especially with the growing number of moba like games, I just don't see a point where dota 2 will outgrow Lol longer hold on the market. Also the niche of dota being more 'hardcore' than Lol's more casual experience makes it less likely to garner more players.

This. Casuals want instant gratification and hand holding, so I don't think DoTA 2 will ever be as popular as LoL.
---
Religious people often judge me for being an atheist just because I don't believe in their god. I have a god that I believe in; his name is Gaben.
#5Cool_Dude667Posted 5/24/2014 4:31:15 PM
Will Eve Online ever get as popular--or more popular--than World of Warcraft?
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6nurnbergPosted 5/24/2014 4:34:01 PM
I don't think so. But DOTA 2 is still really popular and a big success.
#7Knighted DragonPosted 5/24/2014 4:35:41 PM
Yewolife posted...
Also the niche of dota being more 'hardcore' than Lol's more casual experience makes it less likely to garner more players.

I've got 200 hours in Dota 2 and over 2500 in League of Legends. I don't understand how people can possibly say that DOTA is harder or takes more skill than League. If anything, I would say they are both about the same if not a hair in the favor of LoL being harder, but there is very little skill difference between the two
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#8Tyranius2Posted 5/24/2014 4:43:10 PM
Is LoL really easier than DotA? I'm a DotA 2 player, recently got into LoL because it's the only thing that will run on my laptop and to be honest, I'm finding it harder than DotA, but maybe it's because I have a lot of experience with DotA and none with LoL
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#9Majoras_pantsPosted 5/24/2014 4:57:19 PM
LoL IS easier than DOTA 2. But not as easy as people like to say. It's still a very difficult and competitive game. But DOTA 2 is definitely harder.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#10KabtheMentatPosted 5/24/2014 5:03:38 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Yewolife posted...
Also the niche of dota being more 'hardcore' than Lol's more casual experience makes it less likely to garner more players.

I've got 200 hours in Dota 2 and over 2500 in League of Legends. I don't understand how people can possibly say that DOTA is harder or takes more skill than League. If anything, I would say they are both about the same if not a hair in the favor of LoL being harder, but there is very little skill difference between the two

I think it's one of those things similar to the Souls series and how people circle jerk about how hardcore they are because they play those games because of the purposed difficulty of them. Despite the fact they're not really that tough of games. Just a lot of "Surprise! Got ya *****!" moments that are easily handled next time around.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.