This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will DOTA 2 ever get as popular--or more popular--than League of Legends?

#11TimePharaohPosted 5/24/2014 5:39:04 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Knighted Dragon posted...
Yewolife posted...
Also the niche of dota being more 'hardcore' than Lol's more casual experience makes it less likely to garner more players.

I've got 200 hours in Dota 2 and over 2500 in League of Legends. I don't understand how people can possibly say that DOTA is harder or takes more skill than League. If anything, I would say they are both about the same if not a hair in the favor of LoL being harder, but there is very little skill difference between the two

I think it's one of those things similar to the Souls series and how people circle jerk about how hardcore they are because they play those games because of the purposed difficulty of them. Despite the fact they're not really that tough of games. Just a lot of "Surprise! Got ya *****!" moments that are easily handled next time around.

I would assume you have never actually played Dota or League? Because that was a horribly bad analogy
#12shamfuruPosted 5/24/2014 7:52:21 PM
I would say Dota 2 is a bit easier on the chance that it plays better and has better devs.

Communities of both are terrible though.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#13Nineteen99Posted 5/24/2014 7:58:09 PM
I think there are quite a few LoL professionals that are going to have to rethink their life choices in the coming year, especially if Valve manages to keep putting up prize pools like this year. They basically had a Kickstarter-esque campaign that raised money for The International's prize pool. It's currently at $6,644,337.

Source: http://www.dota2.com/international/compendium/
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#14YuniuninuniunPosted 5/24/2014 9:01:02 PM
I don't know if League is actually easier
but as a DOTA player I played once with my cousin, just one match no prior knowledge and ended up being one of the better if not best player out of both teams. Mind you I did ask for slight advice on which items to buy but skill wise I was definitely the best.

Might have just been a rare case of lots of bad players but I don't know I get my ass handed to me often in DOTA
---
Igarashi + Vanillaware to create new "Castlevania" game set in the Baroque time period of Europe
I can dream
#15majinbuu58Posted 5/24/2014 10:05:44 PM
No. While i don't think dota2 is any harder than league, its harder to get into.
---
"realistically, im the most IRL person on this board with the most friends, most girls, and most fun adventures." -P64
#16chandl34Posted 5/25/2014 5:14:25 AM
Yuniuninuniun posted...
I don't know if League is actually easier
but as a DOTA player I played once with my cousin, just one match no prior knowledge and ended up being one of the better if not best player out of both teams. Mind you I did ask for slight advice on which items to buy but skill wise I was definitely the best.

Might have just been a rare case of lots of bad players but I don't know I get my ass handed to me often in DOTA

Match making algorithm?
---
... even on Earth Mode.
#17Super_trunkxPosted 5/25/2014 5:32:43 AM
dotas jungling mechanics are way harder than lol Kappa.
---
I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG
#18Sc24lifePosted 5/25/2014 5:35:29 AM
Anyone who talks about higher skill level in Dota 2 is dumb.
---
I doubt Heaven has Twitter. Hell probably does though...
- Dragon Nexus
#19JudgmenlPosted 5/25/2014 6:44:08 AM
It's about what you enjoy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://weblab.cs.uml.edu/~rdupuis/gamefaqs-avatars/
#teamkyogre #zangoosesucks
#20r7gerrabbitPosted 5/25/2014 6:48:19 AM
No.
The casual games always garner larger audiences.

See: WoW, League, Call of Duty, etc.
---
Sig.