This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you do not buy Wasteland 2, you're not an RPG lover...

#1Xboxstation4Posted 5/24/2014 6:36:50 PM
For years I have craved an RPG worthy of calling amazing, but in the past few years or even longer. Finally, the brilliant writing from the original Wasteland will be coming back to Wasteland 2.

This draws my attention to a bigger issue. RPGs have fallen to the casual crowd that have low attention spams and therefore i'm a minority that want a proper RPG. Everything comes to mind that has failed to be a true success.

Mass Effect 2-3, stripping down the RPG elements to a near basic barebones level, making the games incredibly easy. Even on a Insanity blind playthrough.

Casualablo III, Diablo 2 was the greatest ARPG of all time IMO, but Casualablo 3 was devastating failure. Stripping the game down to the barebones minimum (ONCE AGAIN) and making it so easy, that I can play with one hand blindfolded. I will never buy another Blizzard game again.

Fail Souls I and II, Fail Souls was the "successor" to the masterpiece that was "Demon Souls", but failed on almost every level, except for difficulty. Still, difficulty does not make a game good. Anyway, Fail Souls II improved on the original FS mechanics, making it more flexible and adding variety, but it was still a dreadful experience, compared to Demon Souls.

Fallout 3, ughhhhhhhh.... I shouldn't have to explain everything that is wrong with this game, but I will anyway. Um, who actually thought it was a great idea to plug in a bunch of BS storylines. "SAVE THE WORLD DADDY" What a nightmare and the game was so poorly optimised, that I had to use mods.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, this game was not a fail by all means, but the boss battles made me go WTF?! I wasn't sure what this game wanted me to do, stealth or guns blazing "Call of Tryhard" style. The boss battles were simply disgusting, but this game is not as bad as some of the games listed.

Shadowrun, this is probably one of the best games listed here, but it had some terrible elements you simply cannot ignore.

Skyrim, I forgave Oblivion for it's HORRIFIC level scaling because it had brilliant story and side quest elements, BUT... Skyrim is no exception this time. It fails to do anything right, whether it be optimisation, atmosphere, combat, RPG elements, lore, skills and so on, it did not deliver anywhere. This is the PRIME EXAMPLE of an RPG designed for the mainstream casual community to generate revenue. I shouldn't have to put mods on a game to make it run properly!

There are plenty of other games I can mentioned like Dragon Age Origins, but these were the games that drew the most attention and did not deliver.
#2SuigintouEVPosted 5/24/2014 6:43:53 PM(edited)
I guess I'm not an RPG lover. Even though I love a lot of RPGs.

........Though i might still check it out. Just don't expect me to buy a game because you told me that I don't love the genre otherwise.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#3shmirlywhirlPosted 5/24/2014 6:44:06 PM
I was going to buy it, but your elitism attitude has really turned me off from it.

If someone likes you likes it, it must not be for me.
---
Now with 100% real fruit juice
#4Xboxstation4(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 6:52:57 PM
shmirlywhirl posted...
I was going to buy it, but your elitism attitude has really turned me off from it.

If someone likes you likes it, it must not be for me.

I'm not trying to be an elitist, i'm just a Hardcore RPG lover that is sick of where the gaming industry is going.
#5KURRUPTORPosted 5/24/2014 6:54:34 PM(edited)
Was going to buy but I like a lot of the games on your list so maybe is not for me after all.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#6DV8ingSourcesPosted 5/24/2014 6:53:49 PM
Xboxstation4 posted...
Skyrim, I forgave Oblivion for it's HORRIFIC level scaling because it had brilliant story and side quest elements, BUT... Skyrim is no exception this time. It fails to do anything right, whether it be optimisation, atmosphere, combat, RPG elements, lore, skills and so on, it did not deliver anywhere. This is the PRIME EXAMPLE of an RPG designed for the mainstream casual community to generate revenue. I shouldn't have to put mods on a game to make it run properly!

I agree with shouldn't having to need mods but please try out 'Requiem' and its patches. Makes skyrim into a much more engrossing experience for an RPG lover like you are trying to appear to be.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#7CELTEKKPosted 5/24/2014 6:54:56 PM
tldr...
---
steam:celtekk|origin:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#8good_mangorushPosted 5/24/2014 6:54:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9good_mangorushPosted 5/24/2014 6:55:50 PM
Is this game have proper mod support?
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.