This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you do not buy Wasteland 2, you're not an RPG lover...

#21Milk_CorePosted 5/24/2014 10:07:19 PM
Xboxstation4 posted...
For years I have craved an RPG worthy of calling amazing, but in the past few years or even longer. Finally, the brilliant writing from the original Wasteland will be coming back to Wasteland 2.

This draws my attention to a bigger issue. RPGs have fallen to the casual crowd that have low attention spams and therefore i'm a minority that want a proper RPG. Everything comes to mind that has failed to be a true success.

Mass Effect 2-3, stripping down the RPG elements to a near basic barebones level, making the games incredibly easy. Even on a Insanity blind playthrough.

Casualablo III, Diablo 2 was the greatest ARPG of all time IMO, but Casualablo 3 was devastating failure. Stripping the game down to the barebones minimum (ONCE AGAIN) and making it so easy, that I can play with one hand blindfolded. I will never buy another Blizzard game again.

Fail Souls I and II, Fail Souls was the "successor" to the masterpiece that was "Demon Souls", but failed on almost every level, except for difficulty. Still, difficulty does not make a game good. Anyway, Fail Souls II improved on the original FS mechanics, making it more flexible and adding variety, but it was still a dreadful experience, compared to Demon Souls.

Fallout 3, ughhhhhhhh.... I shouldn't have to explain everything that is wrong with this game, but I will anyway. Um, who actually thought it was a great idea to plug in a bunch of BS storylines. "SAVE THE WORLD DADDY" What a nightmare and the game was so poorly optimised, that I had to use mods.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, this game was not a fail by all means, but the boss battles made me go WTF?! I wasn't sure what this game wanted me to do, stealth or guns blazing "Call of Tryhard" style. The boss battles were simply disgusting, but this game is not as bad as some of the games listed.

Shadowrun, this is probably one of the best games listed here, but it had some terrible elements you simply cannot ignore.

Skyrim, I forgave Oblivion for it's HORRIFIC level scaling because it had brilliant story and side quest elements, BUT... Skyrim is no exception this time. It fails to do anything right, whether it be optimisation, atmosphere, combat, RPG elements, lore, skills and so on, it did not deliver anywhere. This is the PRIME EXAMPLE of an RPG designed for the mainstream casual community to generate revenue. I shouldn't have to put mods on a game to make it run properly!

There are plenty of other games I can mentioned like Dragon Age Origins, but these were the games that drew the most attention and did not deliver.

Cool opinion!
#22x_stevey_xPosted 5/24/2014 10:16:28 PM
i agree mass effect 2/3 were worse RPGS than 1 .. .but they were better GAMES.

stop looking at genre, stop being elitist. are you a ningishzida alt looking for attention under a new name after the whole board blocked you? you sound like one of those teenagers who won't listen to any music not in their cool genre of choice. or once "their band" becomes popular, then it's not cool anymore. it's closed minded, it's foolish, and you're only cheating yourself.
#23Grimlink132Posted 5/24/2014 10:17:35 PM
these sure are some hot opinions
#24ignivimPosted 5/24/2014 10:35:33 PM
I was just about to buy it but then I read this topic.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/steamcommunityprofile/
#25Xboxstation4(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 10:56:29 PM
]
Tyranius2 posted...
I forgave Oblivion for it's HORRIFIC level scaling because it had brilliant story and side quest elements

literally snorted after reading this
---
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Tyranius
#26BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 5/24/2014 11:01:00 PM(edited)
It looks pretty good, but I don't really support Early Access games, aside from a couple of them.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#27CaptainKatsuraPosted 5/24/2014 11:06:25 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
I forgave Oblivion for it's HORRIFIC level scaling because it had brilliant story and side quest elements

literally snorted after reading this

Compared to Skyrim,it really did.
---
Herp-a derp
#28BendoHendoPosted 5/24/2014 11:12:12 PM
Xboxstation4 posted...
For years I have craved an RPG worthy of calling amazing, but in the past few years or even longer. Finally, the brilliant writing from the original Wasteland will be coming back to Wasteland 2.

This draws my attention to a bigger issue. RPGs have fallen to the casual crowd that have low attention spams and therefore i'm a minority that want a proper RPG. Everything comes to mind that has failed to be a true success.

Mass Effect 2-3, stripping down the RPG elements to a near basic barebones level, making the games incredibly easy. Even on a Insanity blind playthrough.

Casualablo III, Diablo 2 was the greatest ARPG of all time IMO, but Casualablo 3 was devastating failure. Stripping the game down to the barebones minimum (ONCE AGAIN) and making it so easy, that I can play with one hand blindfolded. I will never buy another Blizzard game again.

Fail Souls I and II, Fail Souls was the "successor" to the masterpiece that was "Demon Souls", but failed on almost every level, except for difficulty. Still, difficulty does not make a game good. Anyway, Fail Souls II improved on the original FS mechanics, making it more flexible and adding variety, but it was still a dreadful experience, compared to Demon Souls.

Fallout 3, ughhhhhhhh.... I shouldn't have to explain everything that is wrong with this game, but I will anyway. Um, who actually thought it was a great idea to plug in a bunch of BS storylines. "SAVE THE WORLD DADDY" What a nightmare and the game was so poorly optimised, that I had to use mods.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, this game was not a fail by all means, but the boss battles made me go WTF?! I wasn't sure what this game wanted me to do, stealth or guns blazing "Call of Tryhard" style. The boss battles were simply disgusting, but this game is not as bad as some of the games listed.

Shadowrun, this is probably one of the best games listed here, but it had some terrible elements you simply cannot ignore.

Skyrim, I forgave Oblivion for it's HORRIFIC level scaling because it had brilliant story and side quest elements, BUT... Skyrim is no exception this time. It fails to do anything right, whether it be optimisation, atmosphere, combat, RPG elements, lore, skills and so on, it did not deliver anywhere. This is the PRIME EXAMPLE of an RPG designed for the mainstream casual community to generate revenue. I shouldn't have to put mods on a game to make it run properly!

There are plenty of other games I can mentioned like Dragon Age Origins, but these were the games that drew the most attention and did not deliver.

If you were a true RPG fan and not a casual (which you are), you'd know that Dark Souls is a watered down version of King's Field and Shadow Tower, the TRUE precursor's to the Souls franchise.

--
#29seryou101Posted 5/24/2014 11:17:02 PM
Hilarious.
---
I7-970 | EVGA 780 Classified
#30Xboxstation4(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 11:18:20 PM
BendoHendo posted...
Xboxstation4 posted...

If you were a true RPG fan and not a casual (which you are), you'd know that Dark Souls is a watered down version of King's Field and Shadow Tower, the TRUE precursor's to the Souls franchise.

--

I never owned a PS, nor do I care. I've been a majority PC gamer since the mid 90's, so I think i'm not a casual thank you very much.