This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you do not buy Wasteland 2, you're not an RPG lover...

#31mogexpress1Posted 5/24/2014 11:21:50 PM
Eh I'll buy it later, more hyped for Pillars of eternity.
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#32BendoHendoPosted 5/24/2014 11:23:14 PM
mogexpress1 posted...

That games literally looks like Pillars of Generic. They are cashing in on 15 year old Nostalgia and you suckers are eating it up.

--
#33HelpMePloxPosted 5/24/2014 11:41:47 PM
BendoHendo posted...
mogexpress1 posted...

That games literally looks like Pillars of Generic. They are cashing in on 15 year old Nostalgia and you suckers are eating it up.

--

As opposed to the Fallout clone that is Wasteland 2? Pillars is being made by a team with actual experience making RPG's, whereas InXile's track record is absolute crap and they only got funded because of nostalgia.
#34BendoHendoPosted 5/24/2014 11:45:37 PM
HelpMePlox posted...
BendoHendo posted...
mogexpress1 posted...

--

As opposed to the Fallout clone that is Wasteland 2? Pillars is being made by a team with actual experience making RPG's, whereas InXile's track record is absolute crap and they only got funded because of nostalgia.

At least InXile is willing to do something no developer has had the balls to do in over 10 years - make an original IP set in an original and bizarre universe (Numanara setting....). The last game to do something like that was the original Planescape over 10 years ago.

Meanwhile big studios have been hashing out the same generic space opera, fantasy, and post-apocalyptic game worlds we have been seeing since role playing gaming inception.

--
#35HelpMePloxPosted 5/24/2014 11:53:55 PM
BendoHendo posted...
HelpMePlox posted...
BendoHendo posted...
mogexpress1 posted...

--

At least InXile is willing to do something no developer has had the balls to do in over 10 years - make an original IP set in an original and bizarre universe (Numanara setting....). The last game to do something like that was the original Planescape over 10 years ago.

Meanwhile big studios have been hashing out the same generic space opera, fantasy, and post-apocalyptic game worlds we have been seeing since role playing gaming inception.

--
Why are you jumping to Numenera when the topic is about Wasteland 2?

And there is nothing original about Tides of Numenera. It's a Torment clone much like how Wasteland 2 is a Fallout clone, drawing purely on nostalgia. What has been revealed so far sounds like a point-for-point rehash of the original: it's about a blank slate quasi-immortal who attracts tormented souls to him and who must traverse a strange world to find the answer to a personal question of a philosophical nature 'What can change the nat-' err, I mean 'What does one life matter?' Yeah, that really sounds original.
#36TalksPosted 5/25/2014 12:10:44 AM
Fallout 2 wasn't very good from what I played, why the f*** would I be interested in this crap? I'm hyped for Torment tho
---
http://i.imgur.com/gBllw.jpg
#37DisastersaurusPosted 5/25/2014 12:16:48 AM
Holy crap so much ignorance in this topic.

Fallout is a Wasteland clone, not vice versa. Fallout 1 was made by the creators of Wasteland when they couldn't get the rights to make Wasteland 2.
---
video games are for children
#38Broccoli92Posted 5/25/2014 12:26:46 AM
Divinity Original Sin interest me the most :)
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#39TalksPosted 5/25/2014 12:47:26 AM(edited)
Disastersaurus posted...

Fallout is a Wasteland clone, not vice versa. Fallout 1 was made by the creators of Wasteland when they couldn't get the rights to make Wasteland 2.

it sounds like you're trying to say that Wasteland 2 won't be influenced by Fallout 1 and 2, which is absurd. The next post says it better than me though
---
http://i.imgur.com/gBllw.jpg
#40HelpMePloxPosted 5/25/2014 12:41:59 AM(edited)
Disastersaurus posted...

We're talking about Wasteland 2, not the original Fallout and Wasteland. Wasteland 2 is a lot more reminiscent of Fallout than of the original Wasteland, and it got the bulk of its funding precisely because it deliberately banked on the huge appeal and fanbase of Fallout. The original Wasteland is a very obscure title nowadays.