This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many mouse buttons is enough for you?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many mouse buttons is enough for you?
2 years ago#1
Since everybody seems to like a different amount of mouse buttons, how many do you like on your mouse? - Results (318 votes)
3 (The basic configuration, LMB, RMB, Mouse Wheel & Button)
34.28% (109 votes)
4.4% (14 votes)
31.45% (100 votes)
5.03% (16 votes)
6.6% (21 votes)
1.57% (5 votes)
1.57% (5 votes)
1.26% (4 votes)
1.57% (5 votes)
As many as possible while being ergonomic
12.26% (39 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Why do you like the amount of mouse buttons that you like.

Personally, the more the merrier, I use a Logitech G600, and the 12 buttons on the side are awesome.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
2 years ago#2
rmb, lmb, mmb, browser forward, browser back, volume up, volume down.
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
2 years ago#3
Based on the mice I've used and enjoyed, I guess the 7-8 button range is "Enough" and/or my minimum now.

Aside from the standard 3, I usually have:
-2 Side buttons (Usually mapped to F5 and "Browser Back"; Mapped to many functions in-game)
-DPI Up/Down
-And an optional Profile switch. The Sentinel Advance (Original and v2) I've used have had this, and I kinda like it.
2 years ago#4
I personally like to crank it up to 11.
2 years ago#5
5. RMB, LMB, MMB, browser back and forward.
2 years ago#6
5 plus 2 for changing dpi settings.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
2 years ago#7
mccue166 posted...
5. RMB, LMB, MMB, browser back and forward.

i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 780 Ti Dual Classified | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
2 years ago#8
I have currently have an 11 button mouse, but I'm satisfied between 7 to 11. After 11 it becomes a bit much and before 7 is just not as many as I'd like.
I7 2600K 4.2GHz | GTX 770 2GB SC | Asus Sabertooth P67 | DDR3 1600 2x4 GB | Intel 120GB & 240GB SSD | CM Silent Pro 850W | 120MM Liquid Cooler | CM HAF 922
2 years ago#9
My current mouse has 15 buttons which is pretty nice. I use pretty much every single one while just browsing the internet and I actually run out sometimes when mapping too many keys in games. Still, I could probably get by with only the basic buttons + forward and back buttons + at least 2 more buttons. It's so nice to be able to close and reopen a tab instantly with my mouse. You don't realize how often you do that, but I use those two macro keys hundreds of times a day, with my refresh macro key not far behind
Matthew 7:21
2 years ago#10
LM, RM, scroll click, x2 side. I just with more mice put the second side button on the right for my ring finger.
I don't count DPI up/down as I rarely use those in game and they usually aren't positioned right or feel responsive enough to be used mid game for other functions.
I do like having DPI buttons when I'm using image editing programs.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many mouse buttons is enough for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived