This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

G2A.com: Sales Question

#1games_pot1Posted 5/24/2014 11:06:37 PM(edited)
I heard this site is reliable, but how can they get away with something like this:

https://www.g2a.com/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-cd-key.html?___store=englishus&___currency=USD&id=56&adid=GMC_US&gclid=CjkKEQjwhoGcBRDlu9S3mo7-udIBEiQASEw7Qpa8C67ibcTQ0oInMlL3MyBsKx6z4icJvs-zXRufbHTw_wcB

That's more then $30 bucks cheaper then buying it right from steam...
#2games_pot1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2014 11:23:02 PM
*Wispers* is it the black market?
#3FaPaThYPosted 5/24/2014 11:29:34 PM
grey market.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#4jakisthePosted 5/25/2014 1:38:59 AM
I've heard time and time again that it's legit, but I just can't bring myself to trust it. Probably Russian keys which Steam'll wind up tagging me about >_>
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#5KabtheMentatPosted 5/25/2014 2:16:29 AM
jakisthe posted...
I've heard time and time again that it's legit, but I just can't bring myself to trust it. Probably Russian keys which Steam'll wind up tagging me about >_>

Not only that, but I bet the site funds the KGB!!!

But seriously, the site seems too good to be true. You know what they say about that.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#6MaxCHEATER64Posted 5/25/2014 3:50:37 AM
FaPaThY posted...
grey market.

^^This. Is it legal? Technically. Which is, of course, the best kind of legal.
That being said I'm not using it even with those unreal deals.

@THE MODERATOR WHO IS NOW READING THIS POST
This post was literally flagged because of the name of the person I'm quoting.

---
https://i.imgur.com/6sZC0hY.png
"Some people have skeletons in their closets. I just have a bone in my pants." -Mitchell2003
#7SteelWingKnightPosted 5/25/2014 4:53:10 PM(edited)
Pyramid schemes?

https://www.g2a.com/skin/frontend/gate/default/images/mlm/edu5.jpg

Seriously, I saw their "goldmine" program link and instantly expected a pyramid scheme, was not disappointed.
---
~I wish that this night time ~ Would last for a life time~
Now Playing: SWTOR (still), Pokemon X
#8chris1001 the sequelPosted 5/25/2014 7:42:37 PM
I've ordered 2 games from them. Titanfall and South Park. Got the keys quickly and activated them no problem, months ago.
#9chris1001 the sequelPosted 5/25/2014 7:43:41 PM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
FaPaThY posted...
grey market.

^^This. Is it legal? Technically. Which is, of course, the best kind of legal.
That being said I'm not using it even with those unreal deals.

@THE MODERATOR WHO IS NOW READING THIS POST
This post was literally flagged because of the name of the person I'm quoting.

Wait, Fap is autoflagged? That's hilarious.
#10GynthaeresPosted 5/25/2014 8:12:39 PM
It's a gray market site. That means they get their keys from sources other than the publishers themselves (as sites like Steam, Greenman Gaming, Amazon, Gamefly, and all of those do).

These "sources" are most often Russian / Eastern European stores, where games are sold more cheaply due to the lower income of those regions. These sites will buy keys for cheap there, and then sell them to Western consumers and pocket the difference. This is one reason why many times your "key" is the picture of the back of the box or CD case.
Other sources include: Stolen keys, keys purchased from bundles, and keys purchased via stolen credit cards.

Lots of people buy from them and have no problems. It's extremely caveat emptor though -- if you do get ripped off, or if Steam/Origin/Uplay ever decide to crack down on this (like allowing keys from Russian regions to only play in the Russian language), don't expect any sympathy from anyone.

Additionally, if you're the type who actually cares about where your money goes / who you support, you're not doing the developers/publishers any favors from purchasing from those sites. Again, keys are purchased/acquired for dirt cheap and re-sold to the West, so most of the money goes to the site itself.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.