This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This monitor for gaming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This monitor for gaming?
1 year ago#1
http://www.lg.com/id/monitor/lg-34UM95

Whaddya all think?
1 year ago#2
bump
1 year ago#3
It's nice if you have $1000+ to spend on a monitor.
Some games may have issues with the unusual resolution.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
1 year ago#4
I have it pre ordered, it can't freaking get here soon enough. Got it for $899 shipped at B&H a while back.

From what I've read most games seem to handle the resolution, and there is this program called flawless widescreen that apparently fixes a lot of games that don't natively.

To me that ultra wide aspect ratio is more appealing than 4k. It's not like 3440 x 1440 is a slouch resolution either.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
1 year ago#5
I wouldn't get this. It is too long and you would always need to sit afar from it to full screen.
---
I5-4440 - Asrock H81M - Zotac 750Ti - CM N200 = Future Emulation and Gaming Build @ 1600 x 900
PS3_PS2_PS1 Master.
1 year ago#6
BannedMom posted...
I wouldn't get this. It is too long and you would always need to sit afar from it to full screen.

Ehh I've tried a 3 monitor setup, and that didn't bother me any. And if anything a monitor like this would be better for that because it's one screen in the middle rather than 3 screens that wrap around your vision a little more.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
1 year ago#7
Bump
1 year ago#8
Nice that it's 1440p. I would never buy a monitor from LG they make horrible plasmas.
---
Combo Master
1 year ago#9
it is amazing
1 year ago#10
Combo Master posted...
Nice that it's 1440p. I would never buy a monitor from LG they make horrible plasmas.

Yet there's a high chance that whatever monitor you're currently using has an LG-made panel. Who cares if they make bad plasmas (supposedly), we're not talking about plasmas...
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. This monitor for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived