This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Day Z actually be good when it finally comes out?

#1Ultima_Weapon33Posted 5/30/2014 2:30:04 PM
Been watching Day Z for years now, since it's been in beta/alpha forever. Everyone knows about it, the concept is interesting, there's been books and stories, bla bla bla.

A lot of people call the game Deathmatch Z now, which sounds like a big waste of time. You spend a lot of time getting things and then boom, you die.

I've played some Mine Z though which is about the same, except without guns (bows) and in Minecraft. The zombies are just as buggy and awful too! I assume Minecraft has a younger playerbase as the names are generally awful and in lowercase, so basically there is no cooperation whatsoever and it's a deathmatch that takes forever to gear up on.

It's pretty fun with people you know, but weh.

But yeah, random junk aside. Topic title, preferably from people playing the alpha/beta/whatever it's on now.

Or anything about any Day Z inspired games, like that weird one where you can break walls and place mines and the zombies suck ass during the day. That one's probably still in alpha too. Boo.
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#2Lemur_HPosted 5/30/2014 2:31:17 PM
An interesting concept, but flawed because humans are always going to s*** where they eat.
#3VoelgerPosted 5/30/2014 2:32:27 PM
I was thinking about this. I think it won't be that fun because it is being developed from feedback from a hardcore fan base. The game should be more casual friendly- the controls are a little too clunky
---
770 gtx PC, Xbox One, Wii U, Nvidia Shield, PS Vita
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 5/30/2014 2:47:20 PM
i'd like to see one of these things actually become a finished product.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#5TropicMoon10Posted 5/30/2014 2:49:50 PM
Isn't the game still in alpha? Development seems painfully slow for a game based on a 2 year old mod.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#6pwnater777Posted 5/30/2014 2:50:41 PM
How is it not even in beta testing yet? This is getting ridiculous and I can't believe people still support the idea.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#7LMTTNPosted 5/30/2014 2:51:02 PM
I feel like by the time DayZ or one of these other survival sandboxes like Rust or 7 Days to Die is actually finished and released, the hype surrounding the genre will have seriously died down.
---
Steam: Macintosh Plus | PSN: letmetrythisname
Now Playing: Europa Universalis IV, Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
#8Damaged7Posted 5/30/2014 6:30:15 PM
For DayZ to any good they need to ditch the engine they're on and get something else. It just doesn't work on the Arma 2 engine. Might as well fix it and start anew then keep trying to pour perfume on the steamy pile that is Dayz.
---
Bold Text
#9mycousinvinniePosted 5/30/2014 6:31:21 PM
no
#10thatfool12GsPosted 5/30/2014 6:35:13 PM
Bohemia has grossed over 60 million in sales for Arma 3 alone, so they def have the resources to make the game great.

Bohemia's downfall will always be their poorly running, crap FPS engine.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU