This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to help cure an Apple victim?

#101RagnarokxvPosted 6/2/2014 8:23:29 AM
Apple is the best brand for older computer users. Their products are excellent, but cost a lot. It is easy to justify that they are not good value, but if you have enough money cost is no longer an issue.
My university friend works as a web developer for major banks and his entire team uses Mac OS. My father has purchased Apple computers exclusively since his first Apple II and he is a university professor, Oxford PHD and the best in his field.

Intelligent people use Apple. I would recommend no other to your parents as they are the easiest and most convenient to use computers for those who are older and lack computer skill.

It sounds like you are poor and prioritize budget above all else.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#102blax34dmPosted 6/2/2014 8:43:52 AM
The base 13" macbook air is a decent value and easily the leader for the category.

On topic: tell your parents to get a fire tv that's by far the best value.
#103reincarnator07Posted 6/2/2014 9:43:43 AM
Dragnfyr posted...
reincarnator07 posted...
drink posted...
I been a windows user starting from Windows 98. I was like you, not liking or even wanting to use a Mac. Saying it was over priced, windows allowed you to do more, pretty much everything you have said. There my GF got a Mac for her masters in college. I have not had to do any fixing, reinstalling, scanning, no drivers downloading....nothing! Not a signal issue during the past two years. Compared to when she had a windows laptop and had tons of issues for only a school computer. Even my own PC had issues that requiring my work was saved and backup on another drive and needing a anti virus every year.

I currently use a Macbook as my laptop and windows desktop. I must say that even if it cost more, its worth it to me. Its simple, reliable, and pretty much does the work for you. Some day I do think I could had built a new gaming computer, but I would have a laptop as go as this. Even at my job, 99% of the PC I fix are windows. Very rarely does a Mac come across my desk. For non techie people or old people, Macs are perfect. I wish my family has Macs, then I wouldn't be getting calls once a month about some popup or other issue

Just because you don't see the value does mean it not good. Once you can see past "Macs are overpriced and Apple sucks", I think you will become a better "computer guy".

The best analogy of mac vs windows I seen is "normal cars vs luxury/sports cars". Sure a normal car will do the same thing, but not as good.

The problem with that analogy implies that one is superior to the other. I kinda see it like an action figure compared to a model kit with articulation. An action figure is good to go out of the box and due to fewer parts has a lot less that can go wrong. A model kit requires a lot more input from the user and is more complex, but is ultimately going to be much more customizable and you can do more with it. Both are good for different reasons.

The problem with your analogy is that it only applies to desktops. Laptops and mobile devices don't offer any real customization.

This applies to the software too. You can customise Windows and Android a lot more than iOS and OSX.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#104PhilOnDezPosted 6/7/2014 4:59:19 AM(edited)
Whoops wrong topic lol
#105NeninaPosted 6/7/2014 9:40:31 AM
I like how you call them victims. From now on, I will call Sims 3 fans EA victims.