This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any way to help cure an Apple victim?

#31daniel79Posted 5/31/2014 9:22:10 AM
I know quite a few people that have that horrible Apple virus. I'm affraid that once they go down that road, they don't usually come back.

Thankfully none of my close family ever got infected. I don't envy you TC.. :P

Apple users make me weep for humanity :(
#32urtvPosted 5/31/2014 9:24:05 AM
the only way to save them if you send them on their way
#33Hi CPosted 5/31/2014 9:24:40 AM
http://mimg.ugo.com/201103/2/2/6/178622/cuts/whose-line-cast_480x360.jpg
#34ShubPosted 5/31/2014 9:26:28 AM
daniel79 posted...
Apple users make me weep for humanity :(

God forbid someone has a good reason or simply a preference for using Apple products, eh?
Dumb asses make me weep for humanity.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#35GunmaN1905Posted 5/31/2014 9:29:39 AM
There's just one thing I don't get:
There are a lot of overpriced brands, for example razer is extremely popular amongst gamers, even if it's products are known to be prone to hardware/software malfunctions, but you can still see why would someone get it since it's still kinda good.
Or those overpriced clothes which I'm not really into, but I insta-faceplam whenever someone says something like "I bought 200$ boots". Yea, those are overpriced, but they're still probably good quality.

While apple products, especially iPhone's are utterly terrible. You can buy an android phone that you can customize in infinite ways for like 30% of the price and it also has 50% better performance than best iphone. I won't even mention how bad hardware quality of iphones is. It doesn't even look nice and it's even thicker than most other phones.

Or all those iCraps you have like pads and other bull. What's their purpose? Inferior to literally every other product in their category.

I personally don't have any friends that use apple products, but if I did I'd try to get rid of them. Not because I'm some apple's anti-fanboy, but because buying apple product indicates your level of intelligence.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#36ShubPosted 5/31/2014 9:32:05 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
[drooling babble]

Not because I'm some apple's anti-fanboy, but because buying apple product indicates your level of intelligence.

You're not making a great case for yourself there.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#37reincarnator07Posted 5/31/2014 9:43:11 AM
GunmaN1905 posted...
There's just one thing I don't get:
There are a lot of overpriced brands, for example razer is extremely popular amongst gamers, even if it's products are known to be prone to hardware/software malfunctions, but you can still see why would someone get it since it's still kinda good.
Or those overpriced clothes which I'm not really into, but I insta-faceplam whenever someone says something like "I bought 200$ boots". Yea, those are overpriced, but they're still probably good quality.

While apple products, especially iPhone's are utterly terrible. You can buy an android phone that you can customize in infinite ways for like 30% of the price and it also has 50% better performance than best iphone. I won't even mention how bad hardware quality of iphones is. It doesn't even look nice and it's even thicker than most other phones.

Or all those iCraps you have like pads and other bull. What's their purpose? Inferior to literally every other product in their category.

I personally don't have any friends that use apple products, but if I did I'd try to get rid of them. Not because I'm some apple's anti-fanboy, but because buying apple product indicates your level of intelligence.

God forbid people have different preferences. From using Macs and iPhones in the past, I've found that while they don't do as much as their competitors, they do what they do well.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#38JonWood007Posted 5/31/2014 9:49:20 AM
As others mentioned, you can't cure stupid. I used to have friends who were obsessed with macs. One of them decided they wanted a desktop after college, so what did they do? They sure as heck didn't build a PC, they got an imac with a freaking integrated 6750m in it. The year before, I got a PC only slightly more expensive with a 5850. Granted, they had an intel CPU, but still, they paid like $900 for a piece of crap half as powerful as my PC graphically...and he wanted to use it for gaming. Their response was something along the lines of "oh well, better than what I had, I don't care if I can max the latest games". Yeah.....you can't talk with mac fanboys rationally, because when you blindly align yourself with one company, you're essentially giving up on rationality.

I had another friend who was in digital media who legitimately needed apple products to do his job, which I can understand, but still. Even he always bashed "winblows" whenever he used it. He also apparently blamed "microsuck" for his entire OS crashing when I'm not even sure the guy owned a legitimate copy of windows in the first place (so many reinstalls). Seriously, mac people in my experience have like 10x the amount of windows "problems" as most windows users....which makes me think there's some sort of user error going on there. I mean, you install windows, you use it. What's so freaking hard where you constantly have blue screens and have to reinstall? Unless windows didn't recognize his crappy mac hardware (if it was specialized for mac), then the problem is simply owning a mac.

They also always went on about windows runs better on mac. I'm guessing the studies were comparing a freshly installed copy of windows that doesn't run natively on max to a bloated version on a prebuilt, rather than testing it against a freshly installed windows version.

I don't talk to those guys anymore. Not because they're both mac cultists, but because they turned into jerks after I graduated with them.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#39GunmaN1905Posted 5/31/2014 9:52:03 AM
My samsung galaxy s2 that I paid $150 costs 4 times less than iphone 5s and with my custom rom (that any dummy can install in less than an hour) has better benchmark performance, better customization options, better market apps, you're absolutley free to do anything to CPU or any factory hardware settings with just one simple menu.
It also has better looks, is thinner, better display and isn't prone to breaking after falling from 20centimeters on a carpet.
And you have countless android phones like s2.

Now you tell me how is someone who buys an iphone not an idiot?
If they really wanna pay +600$ for a phone they can just get something like s5 and have 300% better performance for the money.

I'm usually not against any manufacturers (everyone can choose his console, hardware in PC, car, dishwasher), but apple is just surviving because of brainwashed morons that just show up how effed up today's world is and that you guy will buy anything that's advertised nicely.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#40Love_Me_SexyPosted 5/31/2014 9:57:02 AM(edited)
You're being a bad child. Help your parents with their Apple products and quit trying to change them.

You seem to be so bent out of shape at them wanting you to use Apple products but then you do the SAME thing and try to force Windows products on them then get mad when they "won't listen". Sounds familiar, hey?

They are comfortable using Macs. They probably don't do anything extensive on the platforms anyways.

Drop the hate for Apple, LEARN about OSX and Apple products and help your parents out.

This whole "I'm gonna leave instructions on how to set up a printer for a platform you don't have" is very childish. You KNOW they don't have a Windows product, why leave them instructions for the set up for a Windows product?

They are your parents, they have probably helped you out of many situations. Now is the time to repay the favor and help them.
---
4930k || X79 Deluxe || MSI 760 4GB || 16GB RAM || 240GB SSD || 2x180GB SSD (RAID0) || 4TB SSHD || 1200w PSU